Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    After you changed your mind, was turtle soup on the menu, or was the critter small enough to flush? :D
    I would neither eat nor flush a turtle. I think I "released" it somewhere but I honestly don't remember.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No point in a weather update since it's the same as it has been all last week.

TOTD: We nursed an owl back to health one time after he got his head wedged in the grill of my Mom's Impala. I don't think we considered the owl as a pet. I babysat a giant Macaw once for a week and thought I would go insane. We've had a few snakes and tortoises over the years but that's about it.

Otherwise our pets have been dogs, cats, fish, and songbirds.

I would not care for a pig as a pet. I feared them as a child and I only want to encounter them in food format now.

BTW - Bacon is medicine. :D
    Whoa, I know what you mean! We have a macaw and an Umbrella cockatoo and when they decide to call in the flock, I want to get out the shotgun! My dog will lay there and start howling!

TOTD: My son had 4 snakes when he was about 15. He had a banded water snake that was absolutely viscious. We would put about 25 or so feeder fish in his big water bowl and let the fireworks begin. He would only stop when the lst fish he could fit would still be hanging out of his mouth!

Baby, the Macaw, being mean!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Macaws are spawns of Satan.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Macaws are spawns of Satan.
    So are yellow naped Amazons. Hope my son doesn't read this. He adopted an Amazon parrot that had previously been abused by some guy who went to prison. Long story made short, the prisoner (killer) was the son of a local NBC anchorman. My other son had a knock on his door in the apartment complex where the perp had lived. It was the newsguy with the bird and sack of bird food. He "gifted" it to his brother.

That bird is himself a killer. His favorite thing is biting the hand that feeds him (or the face if too close). I'll handle hawks and eagles at the zoo, but won't let that killer parrot on my arm. :eek:
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

TOTD: LOL. This is so applicable...
    I live in a very rural area now, but I grew up in a county of about 80,000.
    Yesterday we have a rogue potbellied pig roaming through our yard. Animal control has been called and have tried to catch her 3 times and still cannot. For two days I've awakened to find this pig asleep in a overgrown section of my backyard and feeding on my weeds.

I still consider it and unusual pet, but they say pigs are smarter than dogs. An aquaintance had one illegally in her apartment as a pet. She would say "go to time out" when he had been bad. The pig would storm off and slam the door to it's room.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Sunny and hot. My daughter is back from Arkansas so my life will get back on track.

I had dogs and parakeets as a kid. We had a bunny once - didn't work out very well.

My SIL had a pot bellied pig that everyone adored. It died recently and we were all sad. I found out it fell in her pool and drowned!
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Thanks for doing the Day thread my dear! :D

The most interesting non-canine pet I ever had were these:

:p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    Pigs are bacon on legs :D
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

I had a red tailed boa...But Cowboy won't let me get another snake(he's scared of snakes)
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

We had a pet coon that was we raised on a bottle. Made a wonderful pet. We named him "Coonie", he loved Mountain Dew and Jolly Pops. He would lay on his back and work the popsicle up the platic until it was gone. He ate puppy chow. When my parents were out of town one time, we ran out of Puppy Chow. So my sister and me gave him some canned dog food. Seemed harmless enough, except coons don't produce saliva. This is why they "wash" their food before eating it. He would get a handful of canned dog food, stick it in his water, rub his hands together, then look at the front and back of his hands trying to figure out what happened. We had him for a few years, but he was stolen.

This post in no way shape or form was intended to offend Eyelids, even though I'm sure he'll find something offensive about the ownership of wild animals. We knew full well that it was illegal to own a coon, but the sheriff lived next door to us and had no prblem with it. Gotta love the small town south.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad