Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ben “Money Talks” Nelson Heckled By Constituents While Eating Dinner 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Once a Political Whore always a Whore !"

Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson and his wife were leaving dinner at a new pizza joint near their home in Omaha one night last week when a patron began complaining about Nelson’s decisive vote in favor of the Senate’s health care bill.

Other customers started booing. A woman yelled, “Get him the hell out of here!” And the Nelsons and their dining companions beat a hasty retreat.

“It was definitely a scene in there,” said Tom Lewis, a 41-year-old dentist and registered Republican who witnessed the incident. A second witness confirmed the incident to POLITICO.

It’s a new experience for Nelson.

He used to be a popular figure back home, a Democrat who served eight years in the governor’s office and was elected twice to the Senate by a state that’s as red as the “N” on the University of Nebraska’s football helmets.

But Nelson has seen his approval ratings tumble in the wake of his wavering over the historic health care bill
    ~~~

Nelson made his peace with the bill by striking deals on his state’s Medicaid costs and on abortion language — and, in the process, incited a furious backlash in Nebraska.

Anti-abortion activists who have supported him in the past have abandoned him; he’s been the target of a fierce campaign by opponents to push him to block the bill on final passage; and the GOP now sees the opportunity for a pickup in 2012.

Couldn’t of happened to a nicer whore but I’m kinda torn on this.

He’s out with his family trying to have a night out….do you really have to heckle him there?

But on the other hand, he IS a employee of the people and as such the employer can very well make his/her opinion known of the employees performance.

Especially seeing as how those employers may never see the guy again.

http://www.floppingaces.net/2010/01/...eating-dinner/

Banned
    Keeping these buzzards on the defense looks like the only thing that might work. I sure wish I knew where that whore Sen. Mary Landrieu eats when she comes to Baton Rouge. She even closed here office here and has not held any town hall meetings that I am aware of.

This type of behavior never looks good for our side and will always be made to look like we are knuckle dragging neanderthals.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    This type of behavior never looks good for our side and will always be made to look like we are knuckle dragging neanderthals.
    Probably not but these politicians are so insulated from the real world that maybe a wake call is in order. Term limits might deter these critters in doing what their constituents want.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Probably not but these politicians are so insulated from the real world that maybe a wake call is in order.
    I absolutely despise the two morons we have as US senators from Washington State, Maria Cantwell and Patty "dumb as a shoebox" Murray. However, if I am out eating with my family and see one of these poor excuses come into the restaurant and sit down in a booth nearby, I'm not going to allow my emotions to get away from me and tell them how I really feel. It doesn't do my side any good, ruins my dinner with whomever I am with and doesn't change their mind.

It's ok for Ben to have a stupid and failed ideological philosophy, we can't all be intelligent. Ben however is a WHORE. He needs to be ready to reap the whilwind because of it. He and his kind have shut out Americans who they are supposed to be representing. Instead, they are falling in lockstep behind party politics which is directly opposed to the will of MOST Americans.

They ignore and attack the message Americans are sending to them, going so far as to call us names. Then they hide from Americans by closing offices or not answering phones.

A little heckling? He's lucky he wasn't tarred and feathered.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

He’s out with his family trying to have a night out….do you really have to heckle him there?
    Yes - because they won't make time to speak to you or to listen to you otherwise. Why should they bother with mere plebs when they can hobnob with patricians?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Good. Nelson is scum and needs to be told so to his face.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    "Once a Political Whore always a Whore !"

If his job was just some old regular 9-5 gig like everyone else, I'd agree with that. But when he makes decisions that have a profound impact on a helluva lot of people for years to come, that makes him fair game anytime, anywhere in my book. Something about taking the heat or getting out of the kitchen?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

In a manner of speaking, yes, however these types of stories throw a monkey-wrench into their notion that a majority of Americans approve this particular reform bill.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 01-15-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.