Thread: White House Predicts $482 Billion Deficit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Some people need to be beaten over the head with the truth. Not referring to you, Linda.:D
    95% of all politicians are crooks in one way or the other. The other 5% just haven't been there long enough.
    Uh huh...I agree with that. No one can tell me the best are in Washington.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Figures like this are why part of me is actually hoping for Obama to take the White House.

Right now, all it takes to mobilize the "conservatives" in this country is for the RNC to wag someone like Hillary or Obama in front of them, then all of a sudden, it's "D'liberals! D'democrats! D'newyorktimes!", and in a show of pseudo-patriotism, we happily wait in line to vote for a liberal with an -R beside his name.

Maybe President Obama will be a good thing for this country. Maybe the ma and pa Republicans will actually start holding their representatives accountable for the amount of money they waste. Maybe we'll get another class of '94, and maybe this time, the voters will actually hold them to their promises. Maybe instead of being fooled by the unipartisan guise of two parties, conservatives will be mobilized by their principles instead of the letters 'D' and 'R'.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

gator
    The NeoCons will agree to spend as much money as the Liberals.

Bush and his big spending budgets have destroyed the Republican Party by losing all credibility to the Conservatives.

McCain will be no differenent. If we are lucky the dficit under McCain will be "only" a third of a trillion dollars instead of a half trillion. Of course under Obama it will be worse and on top of that he taxes the hell out of us.

We are pretty well screwed either way. At least with McCain you get a drop of K&Y as it is going in.

What I don't understand is that the friggin government has a 3 trillion dollar budget and still runs a deficit. You would think that they could come up with a way to reduce spending by the amount of the deficit and still have an enormus Federal government. Greedy bastards.

This is what happens when you give less than 500 yepeole the keys to the largest stach of cash in the world. They get stupid and spend more than they take in. Friggin morons. Of course we are morons for voting them in.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Get a clue will you. He's about 1/10 the problem. Sure his policies have been some crap...but do you remember who controls the purse strings in this country? The gang of 535 has much to answer for.
    Well this is his war, tax cuts and rampant spending. Sure Congress should've had some foresight but his name is attached to all of these disastrous policies.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Get a clue will you. He's about 1/10 the problem. Sure his policies have been some crap...but do you remember who controls the purse strings in this country? The gang of 535 has much to answer for.
    He signs the budget bills.

Until he uses his veto I would say he is as much a part of the problem as anyone else.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Figures like this are why part of me is actually hoping for Obama to take the White House.

Right now, all it takes to mobilize the "conservatives" in this country is for the RNC to wag someone like Hillary or Obama in front of them, then all of a sudden, it's "D'liberals! D'democrats! D'newyorktimes!", and in a show of pseudo-patriotism, we happily wait in line to vote for a liberal with an -R beside his name.

Maybe President Obama will be a good thing for this country. Maybe the ma and pa Republicans will actually start holding their representatives accountable for the amount of money they waste. Maybe we'll get another class of '94, and maybe this time, the voters will actually hold them to their promises. Maybe instead of being fooled by the unipartisan guise of two parties, conservatives will be mobilized by their principles instead of the letters 'D' and 'R'.
    When things like Rev. Wright, illegitimate babies, Monica Lewinsky, abortion and gay marriage are turned into issues this is what you get. If you really feel this way I respect the hell out of you, but you have to back it up with actions and staying away from tabloid politics.

Note: not necessarily directed at troll, but towards those entrenched on partisan battle lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Well this is his war, tax cuts and rampant spending. Sure Congress should've had some foresight but his name is attached to all of these disastrous policies.
    Then you're just a Bush basher...nothing more.
    I've got my fair share of criticism for him, but if you can't be totally honest as to all involved who are responsible for the mess, then you deserve the label "partisan hack".
    Let's not forget which branch has warmaking power and has continued to turn a blind eye to the executives warmongering and nationbuilding. Hint: They now control congress.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Eyelids
    Congress should have enacted the War Powers Act of 1972 and let it go before the Surpreme Court... they didnt and now were stuck with this. But for something that has been a colossal failure with the military the Commander in Chief gets the most blame. Just like he gets the most credit if we succeed.

The Fear Button got pushed - a lot - and still isnít worn out. McCainís entire campaign is centered on it and heís hoping the button isnít quite done yet, so he can slide into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. The Iraq War will wind down and weíll have a 100,000 of our best in Eastern Afghanistan before long, where the real estate goes from 1,000 to 10,000 feet in elevation rapidly.

A shooting war - Johnís greatest election friend - will stay on the front burner at least through his first term.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    The Fear Button got pushed - a lot - and still isnít worn out. McCainís entire campaign is centered on it and heís hoping the button isnít quite done yet, so he can slide into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. The Iraq War will wind down and weíll have a 100,000 of our best in Eastern Afghanistan before long, where the real estate goes from 1,000 to 10,000 feet in elevation rapidly.

A shooting war - Johnís greatest election friend - will stay on the front burner at least through his first term.

McCain is a NeoCon's wet dream.

McCain will continue the Perpetual War and we will continue to go bankrupt. His stupidity will ensure many more Americans will die and our spending and budget deficits will continue to be be enormus to pay for it. Expect "Taps" to be heard by many more families.

Obama will be weak and because of that will cause the Pepetual War to continue at a new level.

Neither candidate has any answers to anything except more of the same.

We are pretty well screwed no matter who wins.