Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    McCain is a NeoCon's wet dream.

McCain will continue the Perpetual War and we will continue to go bankrupt. His stupidity will ensure many more Americans will die and our spending and budget deficits will continue to be be enormus to pay for it. Expect "Taps" to be heard by many more families.
    Then McCain will pull it off strictly because of his military background. If and when his team really begins to expose Obamaís "Iíve got to increase taxes" reality - John can simply say: "Stay the course." And another 70 billion will fall out of the Congressional till. Being the planetís policeman is an expensive profession.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

If only Bin Laden hadn't been successful on 9/11...then we could have gone right on with the social spending that is breaking our economy and wouldn't have had to "waste" so much on the "useless" WOT. Maybe we could have actually won the WOP (war on poverty) someday.

Now, how many billions have we spent on the liberal's war again?
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Now, how many billions have we spent on the liberal's war again?
    Haven't we gone right on with the social give-away programs anyway - ala New Orleans?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Eyelids
    What the hell is this woman talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Congress should have enacted the War Powers Act of 1972 and let it go before the Surpreme Court... they didnt and now were stuck with this. But for something that has been a colossal failure with the military the Commander in Chief gets the most blame. Just like he gets the most credit if we succeed.
    No. congress should take seriously their constitutional obligation to choose when and whom we go to war with...Rather they default to the Imperial presidency since Korea. Thus... no blood on their hands.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Eyelids
    .... thats what the War Powers act is. DERPA

Goldwater
    Fiscal conservatism baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    .... thats what the War Powers act is. DERPA
    Let me say this slowly....There should be no need for the WPA.
    There should never be the need for a law to tell you you have a law.

Are you trying to say Durka Durka? Cause I'm not hip to what your speaking. Old fart that I am you know.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I must be getting really old. I can remember back to when it wasn't the Republicans who were the party of drunken-sailor style spending.

I'm so old I remember liberal republicans-republicans to the left of Rudy and Arnold.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm so old I remember liberal republicans-republicans to the left of Rudy and Arnold.

It seems to me that all Republicans are liberals today. If not actually liberal then at least willing to do liberal things.

The main reason they are failing as a party today is because they are trying to out liberal the Democrats.

I think that Bush delivered on much of what Gore and Kerry promised; more spending, more deficits, pandering to the environmental wackos, not sealing the border, nation building, entitlement programs, etc.

McCain will do much the same.