Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Bring Back His Head" "Australian Aborigines ask Prince William " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Aborigines to ask Prince William to return warrior’s severed head

Sydney- Australian Aborigines plan to ask Prince William for help finding and returning the head of an indigenous warrior who was killed and decapitated by British soldiers more than 200 years ago.

Prince William will visit Australia for three days next week, after an official trip to New Zealand. It will be the first time the Prince has set foot in Australia since visiting as a baby with his parents in 1983.

snip
    Pemulwuy, who was born around 1750, opposed the British settlement and was described by Sydney’s then Governor Philip King as “a terrible pest to the colony” but also “a brave and independent character”.

He was one of the Eora people, whose land – now known as the suburb of Botany Bay in Sydney’s south – was directly affected by the arrival of the British. In response, Pemulwuy fiercely resisted, using fire to destroy crops and animals and regularly mounting raids on early settlements.

Referred to as “the rainbow warrior” because of his brightly coloured clothes, he had more than 100 followers and at one point was accused of spearing Governor Arthur Phillip’s gamekeeper. But his exploits incurred the wrath of the British, and he was shot dead on the orders of Governor Philip King in 1802.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ered-head.html

This is nuts.

Yeah, it seems like aborigines will go to tremendous lengths to get a little head.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Sonnabend
    This is nuts
    Actually, no it isnt.

While I note yet another megimoo misleading thread title , they want his remains for proper burial. I agree with this...I may not believe in what they do, but this is akin to a soldier being returned home for interment.

There are Aboriginal heads on display in some museums, and I can well understand their dismay....all they want is to bring his remains home. I have to concur with their request.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Yeah, it seems like aborigines will go to tremendous lengths to get a little head.
    And........ rimshot!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This is nuts.
    No the nuts are on the other end!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Actually, no it isnt.

While I note yet another megimoo misleading thread title , they want his remains for proper burial. I agree with this...I may not believe in what they do, but this is akin to a soldier being returned home for interment.

There are Aboriginal heads on display in some museums, and I can well understand their dismay....all they want is to bring his remains home. I have to concur with their request.
    "Bring Back His Head" "Australian Aborigines ask Prince William "

Just how is the title misleading Boris ?
    The very first sentence reads:

"Australian Aborigines plan to ask Prince William for help finding and returning the head of an indigenous warrior who was killed and decapitated by British soldiers more than 200 years ago. "

Sonnabend
    Aborigines to ask Prince William to return warrior’s severed head
    Better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Better.
    Bitter !

Sonnabend
    Bitter !
    Mo. just weary of your lack of judgement. Linda has you pegged.