1. #1 SEIU moving in... 
    I have not posted in a while... But this is what is going on...

Last week I was approached by a co-worker who is very unhappy with management asking if I would be interested in signing a page to ask a representative from the SEIU to come in and speak with us about forming a union under their name so we can reduce the costs of benefits, pay raises... yada yada yada. I told him that I was not interested and the SEIU was one of the worst unions in the world due to their brutality, politics..etc. He walked away. Next thing i know is that he has managed to get the signatures of almost half of the workforce! I went to management... I figure: "Screw him and the SEIU." I have been working a "counter-insurrgency" to get the idea of the union buried. I have managed to swing a number of people back to reality, including a few of the more ulta-liberals that work there. It has been crazy. I don't know if it is enough to win the war though. Does anyone have any advice that can help in the endeavor? Please let me know. I and quite a few of the very experieced people there have threatened to walk if those bastards gain a foothold there. Does anyone know what else to expect? I am already waiting for some SEIU thugs to meet me at my car one day!
    LONG LIVE GENERAL BEN RAINES !!!!

Good luck keeping those thugs out. Once they get entrenched, they are like ticks getting them decertified.

I hope they are able to keep the union out.

Back in the mid 90's I worked for a SEIU local in Chicago. ACORN was in the same office. I did some downstate organizing for them. I don't see that they provided much benefit to the worker, when most of the wages were paid by taxpayers for home health care. The more they would demand the more the state would have to cut down the road.

Banned
    I love working in Texas. Here the unions are weak and THE WORKERS work to make them even weaker! You can fire any worker for any reason in Texas. Being a union upstart is probably the best reason of all to fire someone. You get approached by anyone trying organize and you tell the boss about it, that person is fired. The boss finds out about it that whole section is fired. Me, I would close my doors and fire everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I love working in Texas. Here the unions are weak and THE WORKERS work to make them even weaker! You can fire any worker for any reason in Texas. Being a union upstart is probably the best reason of all to fire someone. You get approached by anyone trying organize and you tell the boss about it, that person is fired. The boss finds out about it that whole section is fired. Me, I would close my doors and fire everyone.
    Well... I did report it to management... They are making his life a bit more difficult. It sucks because the only reason he is starting this shit is because he has his panties in a was with one of the managers... He is lining himself up to be a union rep. I told the management and the few employees that are dead set against this that I will do my best to keep these bastards out. I will do it until my last breath with this company.
    LONG LIVE GENERAL BEN RAINES !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    It's what Eastern Airlines did.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    Louisiana is a right to work state. Civil service employees can not strike. I retired from the state; they had a rinky dink union which had no teeth in negotiations that I never joined. Paying dues for a crummy monthly magazine did not interest me.