Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sunday Thread: Gray Day 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Much warmer on the Mountain. The temp now is 46 degrees with heavy fog and drizzly rain. I love this kind of weather.

Why would I love a Gray Day? Well, the perfect Gray Day is one where I don't have to be out and about. If I do go out it is my choice and obviously not because it is a workday.

Today it is Sunday, so for me only Anglican Worship will do on such a day. Personal preference there. Candles. Rite One. The blessed organ is not playing. Reverential. Quiet. Shuffling feet. The smell of good beeswax candles. Then warm wool coats and warm hats and scarves and we're off for breakfast.

At home, settle into warm fuzzy clothes, sweats for me and fuzzy slippers. I like to make soup and bake bread on a Gray Day. Then while the soup is simmering and the dough is rising I'll read a book while drinking coffee or tea.

Later I'll sit out on the covered portion of the deck and sip scotch and smoke a cigar while contemplating the fog.

A Gray Day is also a great day to watch, or re-watch, a favorite movie. I may pull out one of the LOTR trilogy to watch. I'm also going to watch the Cowboys and the Vikings.

I do love a day like this.

TOTD: What are your preferences for a Gray Day? Food? Activities? Beverages? Reading or viewing?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Busy day today. Tons of work for the Hatian relief effort. I'll be watching the Wing/Blackhawks game in a couple hours.

TOTD: Don't have any real particular things I enjoy doing on such a day. Sometimes I'll stay in, sometimes I'll go out. Kinda treat it as any other day.

Thick fog and mud and more mud and more mud. It's that womans birthday today so I'll take her out for dinner this evening if I can convince her to leave the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Thick fog and mud and more mud and more mud. It's that womans birthday today so I'll take her out for dinner this evening if I can convince her to leave the house.
    Happy Birthday to Miz Rock. :)

If you do go out, Wot's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Busy day today. Tons of work for the Hatian relief effort. I'll be watching the Wing/Blackhawks game in a couple hours.

TOTD: Don't have any real particular things I enjoy doing on such a day. Sometimes I'll stay in, sometimes I'll go out. Kinda treat it as any other day.
    I was thinking that you might be busy on that one. Good on ya' for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I was thinking that you might be busy on that one. Good on ya' for your work.
    Yeah, we've been non-stop here. Even our 9-5 admin folks are in here on the holiday weekend helping out.
    Last edited by djones520; 01-17-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Happy Birthday to Miz Rock. :)

If you do go out, Wot's for dinner?
    Outback or lone star. I may need to take one of the 4 wheel drive flatbeds to get into town, the roads are collapsing, we are at one with mud. A sea of reddish brown pudding!

Outback or lone star. I may need to take one of the 4 wheel drive flatbeds to get into town, the roads are collapsing, we are at one with mud. A sea of reddish brown pudding!
    Oh man, nothing like red clay mud. Sticky and slick at the same time.

And there is no mud quite like the mud made when the ground freezes wet and then thaws out. You had plenty of snow out there if I remember correctly.

Oh man, nothing like red clay mud. Sticky and slick at the same time.

And there is no mud quite like the mud made when the ground freezes wet and then thaws out. You had plenty of snow out there if I remember correctly.
    The ground was frozen 7 inches down and than we had a foot of snow followed by rain and more rain, know the frost is gone and we are floating like bits of bacon in pea soup!

The ground was frozen 7 inches down and than we had a foot of snow followed by rain and more rain, know the frost is gone and we are floating like bits of bacon in pea soup!
    All I had for breakfast was Pea Green Soup

All I had for dinner was Pea Green Soup

All I had for suppper was Pea Green Soup.

All I did all night was Pee Green Soup.
    :D