Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Wednesday Shopping. 
    It's still cold here and there seems to be no hope in sight for either a major snowstorm or spring. Arguably, this is the suckiest time of year.

I realized on the way into work that I'm going to have to stop at a grocery store after work to pick up some eggs. This hardly ever happens to me. I'm just not one of those every-couple-of-days kind of grocery shopper. In fact, I usually only go every couple of weeks (maybe less in summer).

TOTD: How often do you go to the store?

Power CUer
    Weekly; early on Saturday mornings. It's easy for the spouse to pick up things midweek, but it's not usually necessary.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Beautiful day today. Clear skies with highs in the low 70s

TOTD: Once a week on Saturday afternoon.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    cloudy with a chance of rain and in the high 60's

TOTD: Walleymart early Sunday am & once or twice during the week to my Italian Groc. store. that does not take Food Stamps.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Let's see, we got about half an inch of ice overnight. Office didn't open until noon. Parking lots are skating rinks. We're hovering between 32 & 30 degrees, and now all this freaking slush is going to turn into ice by the time I leave. :mad:

TOTD: Once a week. I'm a guy.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

TOTD: We usually do a big trip once every two weeks, and then will do some small trips throughout the period to get things like milk and bread.

Witches tit in Teh Yuk, but no snow, this time, even though it was forecast.

TOTD: Most every day. I live within walking distance, and I like my food fresh. Once a week I make a full mechanized assault run to get the stuff I can't carry back (ie I take the porker :D )
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

In the 40's here, but seems absolutely tropical in comparison to the cold wave a couple weeks ago.

TOTD: Usually go to Costco every other week or so for mass purchases. I stop at Whole Foods at least 2 or 3 times a week, to get fresh seafood and veggies. I usually go once a week to either Schnuck's or Dierbergs for regular groceries.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    TOTD: Usually go to Costco every other week or so for mass purchases. I stop at Whole Foods at least 2 or 3 times a week, to get fresh seafood and veggies. I usually go once a week to either Schnuck's or Dierbergs for regular groceries.
    Sounds like there isn't time for much else! That's a lot of shopping! :eek:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Sounds like there isn't time for much else! That's a lot of shopping! :eek:
    The Whole Foods store isn't that large, can get through it quickly. I really like their fresh seafood and feel it's worth the time.:D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"