1. #1 Want Your Competition Out Of The Way? Burn Then Down 
    I mentioned in another thread complete with video that my favorite bowling alley burned down leaving my area with 1 bowling alley. Well, it seems as though the owner of the 1 surviving bowling alley might have had something to do with the other one burning down. http://www.thedailyjournal.com/artic...ated-at-9-a.m. I'm friends with both cops mentioned so I may have to do some digging.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    It certainly seems like a Joisey thing to do.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It certainly seems like a Joisey thing to do.
    Word to the wise, only people not from here call it Joisey. I've lived here for 39 of my 44 years on this earth and never heard anyone pronounce it Joisey. Never. Jersey, yes. Joisey, never.

Power CUer
    Well, I'm definitely not from there, so it works out. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

When GM wanted to build the Poletown plant that straddles the Detroit/Hamtramck city line, the old polish homeowners refused to sell. All of a sudden, there was a rash of fires in the neighborhood. The people had no support-both cities were with GM, the archdiocese of Detroit sided with GM against their own members, and the neighborhood was destroyed.

The Poletown Plant, which was built in the late 70s/early 80s, has never been working at anything more than half capacity since it opened.

What I don't get about the burning down of the bowling alley is that the alleged arsonists alley could run 24/7 with every lane taken up non-stop and they still wouldn't make any more money than they are making right now. It's a small building of just 20 lanes and they've always done very well.

And they officially arrested him and 2 other dudes including a 17 year old, for aggravated arson, aggravated arson for hire, and conspiracy to commit aggravated arson. This is some mafia shit here. You ask me this guy isn't bright. So he gets increased business for what, a year(the Loyal's have said that they are going to start rebuilding ASAP)? Then when Loyal reopens, it's going to crush Pike Lanes business wise because now it's a brand spankin' new bowling alley.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 01-20-2010 at 02:41 PM.