Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Blackberry Problem 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,822
    I just was looking back for a text message from this morning, and it appears that every incoming text message I had is gone from my Blackberry. I'm totally confused, I didn't change any settings at all.

    I just googled the news for any blackberry-related outages, and didn't find any from today. Any idea why this happened?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,278
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I just was looking back for a text message from this morning, and it appears that every incoming text message I had is gone from my Blackberry. I'm totally confused, I didn't change any settings at all.

    I just googled the news for any blackberry-related outages, and didn't find any from today. Any idea why this happened?
    My messages are coming in fine as usual but i can no longer sync it to my PC. It doesn't even see it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,278
    Bring back stewie!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    My messages are coming in fine as usual but i can no longer sync it to my PC. It doesn't even see it.
    E-mail is coming in fine. All of my outgoing text messages are still there, but there is no sign of what I was responding to.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,278
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    E-mail is coming in fine. All of my outgoing text messages are still there, but there is no sign of what I was responding to.
    Take the battery out, wait a minute and put it back in. It should work after that but it won't bring back the old messages. If that doesn't work there is a reset to default option somewhere in tools.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Take the battery out, wait a minute and put it back in. It should work after that but it won't bring back the old messages. If that doesn't work there is a reset to default option somewhere in tools.
    There must have been a weird outage of some sort. I have just been texting the person in the office next to me, and now the incoming messages are still there.

    I SWEAR, I didn't change any settings to get rid of the SMS Texts. The only setting I might have changed all day was to turn the ringer to quiet.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,278
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    There must have been a weird outage of some sort. I have just been texting the person in the office next to me, and now the incoming messages are still there.

    I SWEAR, I didn't change any settings to get rid of the SMS Texts. The only setting I might have changed all day was to turn the ringer to quiet.
    It could be a liberal conspiracy! I just heard on Glenn Beck that Sarah Palin uses a blackberry. With us and Sarah, Blackberry is a prime target!:eek:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It could be a liberal conspiracy! I just heard on Glenn Beck that Sarah Palin uses a blackberry. With us and Sarah, Blackberry is a prime target!:eek:
    We should move this to "Teh End Of the World" forum. :D

    I don't necessarily need the messages that disappeared. I long ago archived the ones I wanted to keep. It's just very weird.

    And it is now saving the new incoming texts. I just was trading messages with someone in the next office, and they're all still on the list.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •