Thread: "Saudi 13-year-old Teen Sentenced to 90 Lashes for Cell Phone in School"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Saudi 13-year-old Teen Sentenced to 90 Lashes for Cell Phone in School" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A 13-year-old girl has been sentenced to 90 lashes and two months' prison in Saudi Arabia after she took a mobile phone to school.A court ordered the girl to be flogged in front of her classmates following an assault on the school principal, according to the Saudi daily newspaper Al-Watan.

After the assault she was discovered to have concealed a mobile phone, breaking strict Saudi regulations banning the use of camera-equipped phones in girls' schools.A criminal gets a public flogging by two officials in Saudi Arabia

Brutal: public floggings, such as in this archive picture, are a common punishment handed down by religious courts in Saudi Arabia

Al-Watan said a court in the northeastern Gulf port of Jubail had sentenced the girl to 90 lashes inside her school, followed by two months' detention.

The punishment is harsher than tha dished out to some robbers and looters.

Saudi Arabia, a leading US ally in the Middle East, is an absolute monarchy controlled by the Al-Saud ruling tribe, and lacks any legal code.
    King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia

King Abdullah has promoted some social reforms since taking the throne in 2005 but diplomats say he is held back by religious clerics and princes.Cinemas and music concerts are banned, while many restaurants and even some shopping centres cater to families only, especially on holidays.

Religious police roam streets to make sure no unrelated men and women mix.

The Saudi court system is exclusively controlled Wahahbi/Salafi clerics, and bans the employment of non-Salafi citizens, especially as judges.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ne-school.html

If her parents or any parents for that matter, don't raise up in arms about this, there is no hope for them. As a parent of 2 teenagers I readily admit I have gotten mildly annoyed on occasion, but a daughter whipped 90 times and 2 months in prison because she had a cell phone?!? If I were her father and they carried out that sentence I would be spending far longer in jail than her because I would have to kill something. :mad: I think this may take the prize for being the most barbaric thing I heard from the Muslim world. These aren't people, they are animals.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

I believe and I'm not joking that this type of Muslims are demon possessed!

Bleda
    Relax. It's a different culture, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Relax. It's a different culture, that's all.
    A 13 year old girl will likely be beaten to death and it's relax it's a different culture?

You were being sarcastic weren't you? never mind!
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 01-20-2010 at 10:36 PM.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I believe and I'm not joking that this type of Muslims are demon possessed!
    There is some evidence to suggest that Muhammad was actually suborned by a demon in that cave in Saudi Arabia.

Islam is a brutal tribal desert religion that has softened to some extent in some places but not the Saudi Arabian Wahabbi variety.

They advocate returning to an earlier 'pure' version of Islam as preached by Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab .Many modern Wahhabis are also Salafis dedicated to reinterpreting Islamic jurisprudence.

Whats annoying about this story is that people will use this to attempt to justfy turning on SA ignoring the fact that if we do - the King loses some of his key support and he's the moderating force that keeps most of this kinda crap at bay. :(
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Whats annoying about this story is that people will use this to attempt to justfy turning on SA ignoring the fact that if we do - the King loses some of his key support and he's the moderating force that keeps most of this kinda crap at bay. :(
    These people are so barbaric they surgically disfigure their woman so they can't enjoy sex. And that is just the moderate ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    These people are so barbaric they surgically disfigure their woman so they can't enjoy sex. And that is just the moderate ones!
    They don't call it the religion of peace for nothing
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    It's not going to be far enough at bay for this girl, will it?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.