Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Exclusive: President Obama: We Lost Touch with American People Last Year 
    Exclusive: President Obama: We Lost Touch with American People Last Year

Obama Says Focus on Policymaking Distracted White House From Speaking Directly to American People

By KAREN TRAVERS
    Jan. 20, 2010

President Obama said today that he believes he lost a direct connection to the American people in his first year in office because he focused too heavily on policymaking.

One year into the president's term, George Stephanopoulos interviews Obama."If there's one thing that I regret this year is that we were so busy just getting stuff done and dealing with the immediate crises that were in front of us that I think we lost some of that sense of speaking directly to the American people about what their core values are and why we have to make sure those institutions are matching up with those values," Obama told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos in an exclusive interview at the White House.

Watch George Stephanopoulos' exclusive interview with President Obama tonight on "World News" and "Nightline" and tomorrow on "Good Morning America". Check your local listings.

The president said he made a mistake in assuming that if he focused on policy decisions, the American people would understand the reasoning behind them.

"That I do think is a mistake of mine," Obama said. "I think the assumption was if I just focus on policy, if I just focus on this provision or that law or if we're making a good rational decision here, then people will get it."

Instead, the president said the American people ended up with a "feeling of remoteness and detachment" from the policymakers in Washington who are making big decisions.
    Lefty Speak Translator: Y'all were a bunch of dummies this year. After you voted like you were supposed to, you should have sat down and shut up. But no, you had to read every freaking line of law and nit pick every little payoff. Well, that's gonna stop right this minute. I'm gonna be in your face 24/7 until you get with the program.

ABC news

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Well don't start trying to touch me now!!!!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I love it. it is always we didn't understand so they'll explain again slowly/

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Lefty Speak Translator: Y'all were a bunch of dummies this year. After you voted like you were supposed to, you should have sat down and shut up. But no, you had to read every freaking line of law and nit pick every little payoff. Well, that's gonna stop right this minute. I'm gonna be in your face 24/7 until you get with the program.

ABC news
    Barney Franks will be next up in drags with his tear filled rant !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeO8jTIKROE

Any bets on just which people he's gong to try to get to hear and connect with more? I'm betting inner-city people of color and illegal immigrants that say our immigration laws are so wrong and every other "oppressed and underrepresented" group of people.. He has absolutely no interest in hearing what the average tax-paying, English-speaking, law-abiding middle-class citizen has to say, and he's made that very clear!!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Banned
    Obama, your policies suck.... Plain and simple....You can not polish a turd....health care, cap and trade, weak kneeded policies on terrorism, bailouts, run away spending, new taxes, etc is not the change we were expecting.

Obama: "Note to self... the public isn't quite as stupid as I thought"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    This idiot will never ever get it.
    This idiot cannot just accept that he is wrong.

Damage control after the train has wrecked is a day late and a dollar short.

And everybody knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Rock, you kill me!!!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!