1. #1 Reparations for Al Qaeda 
    Reparations for Al Qaeda
    By Jeffrey Lord
    Published 7/29/2008 12:08:14 AM
    Does Barack Obama believe it's time for America to apologize to al Qaeda?

Does he share the increasingly vocal calls of his fellow liberals that Americans should not just apologize to Osama and his followers but pay reparations as well? Having cited the U.S. treatment of Nazis, does he now believe the U.S. government should be subjected to a class action suit by his trial lawyer allies on behalf of any surviving Nazi soldiers or their descendants?

You think I'm joking, right? Wrong.
    Read the rest here.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 07-29-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Wow. The depths of liberals stupidity and hatred of the US really knows no bounds does it? I said for a long time that if Gore was president on 9/11, on 9/12 he would have been running to Afghanistan with a big check, blubbering apologies for the evils we performed to deserve such an attack. It appears I was more correct than I ever wished to be.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Wow. The depths of liberals stupidity and hatred of the US really knows no bounds does it? I said for a long time that if Gore was president on 9/11, on 9/12 he would have been running to Afghanistan with a big check, blubbering apologies for the evils we performed to deserve such an attack. It appears I was more correct than I ever wished to be.
    No, he'd have been furious, but only over the environmental damage. 9/11 had a massive carbon footprint, what with all of the burning jet fuel, buildings, people, etc. Plus, there were trees around the WTC and Pentagon, not to mention the crash site ini PA. I can see him sending a massive force to Afghanistan to force Al Qaeda and the Taliban to sign on to Kyoto. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

noonwitch
    I would never endorse any kind of reparations for terrorists. If anything, they owe us money for knocking down buildings and destroying lives.

However, there is a climate in this country that deems criticism of US policy toward the middle east prior to 9-11 "unpatriotic". I don't think that it is unpatriotic or anti-american to point out mistakes made by not just Bush, but by Clinton, Bush 1 and Reagan, especially the support for the mujahadeen against the USSR in the Afganistan War, which directly empowered bin Laden. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and we were still engaged in the Cold War with the soviets, so that needs to be noted when criticizing US policy at that time.

We have to be able to learn from our mistakes, and we can't do that if we lie about them. I don't blame either side for this, but I do think that the dumbing down of the electorate is the biggest culprit. And for that, I blame a media that talks to us as if we were kindergarteners, and people who don't care enough to teach their children to think critically.

The only reparations from me would be, a bullet to the back of their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    However, there is a climate in this country that deems criticism of US policy toward the middle east prior to 9-11 "unpatriotic". I don't think that it is unpatriotic or anti-american to point out mistakes made by not just Bush, but by Clinton, Bush 1 and Reagan, especially the support for the mujahadeen against the USSR in the Afganistan War, which directly empowered bin Laden. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and we were still engaged in the Cold War with the soviets, so that needs to be noted when criticizing US policy at that time.
    We have a lot to fix regarding U.S. foreign policy and your right that constructive criticism and healthy debate on our limitations is necessary, but for the author of this article to suggest we owe Al qaeda any reparations is pretty sickening.
    What we owe is an honest look at U.S interventionism, but I'm not for giving anyone, including rogue terrorist organizations a red dime.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor