Thread: E-mail from Afghanistan on Obama

1. #1 E-mail from Afghanistan on Obama 
    The Army Times contacted Jeffry Porter, the author of the email. He is a Utah National Guard member assigned to the 142nd Military Intelligence Battalion. He was asked to authenticate what he said. According to the Army Times, Porter refused a request for an interview and said,
    "I am writing this to ask that you delete my e-mail and not forward it, after checking my sources some of the information that was put out in my e-mail was wrong. This e-mail was meant only for my family. Please respect my wishes and delete the e-mail and if there are any blogs you have my e-mail portrayed on I would ask if you would take it down too.
    I've removed the text of the original e-mail at the request of the author.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 07-29-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Request of the author
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, as I don't know the sender personally, but I'm sure that Snopes will debunk it if it's fake, and if it isn't, then the more people who know it, the better.
    Didn't we do this one already? And wasn't it proven to be a fake in Snopes as well as elsewhere? What are we doing here? Posting stuff that's known to be false and then saying "well, I said it might be false."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Didn't we do this one already? And wasn't it proven to be a fake in Snopes as well as elsewhere? What are we doing here? Posting stuff that's known to be false and then saying "well, I said it might be false."
    The Obamaniacs are claiming that it was false, but the fact that the author has proven to be a real person serving in theater and who had signed his name to the e-mail (and AKO confirms that he does exist and is assigned to a unit that is currently in Afghanistan), makes me think that this was a private e-mail that was disseminated beyond his intent and that he was directed to recant.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!