Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "RINO Gingrich: GOP Would Be "Clever" to Work With Pelosi." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Many Conservatives Hate and Distrust Pelosi so much they simply won't go along with anything with her name on it.

"She is the most hated woman in America these days"

Newt Gingrich thinks exultant Republicans might meander into a post-Brown partisan trap if they aren't careful.

I spoke with Gingrich for a my story today about the huge burden on Nancy Pelosi in ramming through a health care bill. He said he doubted she could pull it off -- but believes she could divide the House GOP by rushing through a goodies-only, scaled back measure with none of the downsides of the bigger bills.

Gingrich sees the Massachusetts as a boost for his party, but also as a renunciation of go-it-alone by either party, and thinks Republicans would be "clever" to pass a series of relatively non-controversial measures with "huge bipartisan majorities."

That said, he thinks many Republicans disdain Pelosi so much they simply won't go along with anything with the speaker's name on it, even if it serves the party's larger interests.

"If you are a House member in the [GOP] caucus, I suspect we are about to have a huge argument. We could get clever and work with her
    ...And I think people should work with her

... But at that point it becomes a huge problem because nobody trusts her, they distrust her ideology and distrust her because she has run over them so hard...

"A lot of Republicans would work with [House Majority Leader Steny] Hoyer, but they won't work with her," added Gingrich, who is said to be exploring a 2012 run.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/

Grinch, you ignorant fool, you just don't get it.

The American people don't want career politicians who play the same old destructive games. You and the rest of the RINOs have no place in a resurrgent GOP. Leave saving this country to real patriots with guts.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post

The American people don't want career politicians who play the same old destructive games. You and the rest of the RINOs have no place in a resurrgent GOP. Leave saving this country to real patriots with guts.
    The only way to deal with Pelosi is with a snake charmer !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The only way to deal with Pelosi is with a snake charmer !
    I'd still use a stick. You just can't trust a reptile.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    They only way I see it is that he doesn't want the Dems to be able to stand up in Nov. point at the GOP and hammer us as the party as "NO".

I don't take it that we should just fold and "Go Along" or not stand up for whats right, but we shouldn't oppose every thing. The smarter move is a little give and some take. Make it clear we are working for the people, not the party. And the best way to do that is to do the work of the people, not oppose every thing.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post

I beg to differ. Gingrich is not ignorant.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I beg to differ. Gingrich is not ignorant.
    I'm embarrassed. Consider me corrected.:o
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    Good legislation is worthy of consideration. Poor legialation is not.

Thats all we ever said we wanted. Need to stick with that.

Banned
    Gingrich forgets what the Obama, Pisslosi and Reid stated 11 months; we won and it's our way or the highway. I just don't feel the urge to bend over. Let's follow what the Tea Party folks wants and screw what the professional politicians say. They do not have a clue. In a few months, the Repubs will take over the House. Now is not the time to play softball. No public option, no cuts in Medicare, tort reform, lower taxes is what we want. How the hell can you work with Pisslosi when she is against those things.

Actually we should be clever and take over the house so she can be relegated to a position of utter uselessness.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis