Hybrid View

1. #1 Ahmadinejad: 'Big powers are going down' 
    TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president on Tuesday blamed the United States and other "big powers" for global ills such as nuclear proliferation and AIDS, and accused them of exploiting the United Nations for their own gain and the developing world's loss.

But, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said, time was on the poor countries' side.

"The big powers are going down," Ahmadinejad told foreign ministers of the Nonaligned Movement meeting in Tehran. "They have come to the end of their power, and the world is on the verge of entering a new, promising era."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25904174/

Eyelids
    You guys dont really want to bomb this guy do you? I mean come on, hes adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    You guys dont really want to bomb this guy do you? I mean come on, hes adorable.
    He'd be even more adorable with a tactical nuke shoved in his fat, yapping trap.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    He'd be even more adorable with a tactical nuke shoved in his fat, yapping trap.
    Thats a really bad idea.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

I'd prefer for the Iranian people to overthrow he and the insane mullahs, and institute a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'd prefer for the Iranian people to overthrow he and the insane mullahs, and institute a democracy.

I agree. There's a lot of decent Iranian people. Plus there women are hotter than Iraqi's.

But can we Ahmadinejad on a deserted island and use him for target practice? :)

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    They had one, but it was overthrown in 53.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Not entirely true. Mossadegh was democratically elected after the assassination of his predecessor (who was an ally of the Shah), but he then began using his position to consolidate power and eliminate the rest of the Iranian government and opposition. Iran was a constitutional monarchy, but Mossadegh demanded the abdication of the Shah and tried to usurp his powers, but the Shah fought back and won. This was the same path that Allende tried in Chile and Chavez followed in Venezuela, the use of a legitimate election to gain power and then abrogate the democratic institutions when they don't go along with your agenda.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Not entirely true. Mossadegh was democratically elected after the assassination of his predecessor (who was an ally of the Shah), but he then began using his position to consolidate power and eliminate the rest of the Iranian government and opposition. Iran was a constitutional monarchy, but Mossadegh demanded the abdication of the Shah and tried to usurp his powers, but the Shah fought back and won. This was the same path that Allende tried in Chile and Chavez followed in Venezuela, the use of a legitimate election to gain power and then abrogate the democratic institutions when they don't go along with your agenda.
    I hate having this argument with you because I think we've had it several times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    You're absolutely correct...
    And it didn't help that we propped up that regime until 79'. Iranians have long memories.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor