1. #1 Wringing Wednesday. 
    As in wringing wet. This heat won't let up for the foreseeable future and my garden is taking a beating.

TOTD: Are you more extroverted or more introverted? I'm asking because we are having a huge meeting today with our much more extroverted colleagues and these things never go well. All the alpha geeks who can escape, have escaped and the rest of us will be at the mercy of our chatty colleagues. Since none of us feel comfortable giving off-the-cuff answers to complex problems (a typical introvert trait), there is a lot of silence punctuated by joking coaxing maneuvers. We find this annoying.

So, do you need to talk with someone to find out what you think about an issue or not? Do crowds exhaust you? Do you think time spent alone is wasted time?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    As in wringing wet. This heat won't let up for the foreseeable future and my garden is taking a beating.

TOTD: Are you more extroverted or more introverted? I'm asking because we are having a huge meeting today with our much more extroverted colleagues and these things never go well. All the alpha geeks who can escape, have escaped and the rest of us will be at the mercy of our chatty colleagues. Since none of us feel comfortable giving off-the-cuff answers to complex problems (a typical introvert trait), there is a lot of silence punctuated by joking coaxing maneuvers. We find this annoying.

So, do you need to talk with someone to find out what you think about an issue or not? Do crowds exhaust you? Do you think time spent alone is wasted time?
    TOTD: I am more of an introvert at heart...but if I am in a truly comfortable environment I tend to be less so, especially at work. But being a leadership figure at work I cannot afford to be too introverted and I am comfortable in my role as a manager.

As far as getting feedback about an issue (again, at work) I will always consult the Big Boss if and when I have to. But my boss and I have a good solid working relationship, since we've known each other and worked together before in the past. And I hate crowds. As far as time spent alone it depends if that time is time being productive...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Power CUer
    TOTD: On the Meyers Briggs, and here on CU, I am a raging ENTJ, but I have no problem with "alone" time or quiet time.

We may not hit 100 today, thunderstorms possible.

INTROVERTED. I can go days without human contact.
    Crowds? Holidays are rough for me - too many people.

I can usually make up my own mind about an issue but enjoy talking things over with people I respect.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    TOTD: On the Meyers Briggs, and here on CU, I am a raging ENTJ, but I have no problem with "alone" time or quiet time.
    Interesting. On Myers-Briggs, I always score a ISTP
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

I'm an INTJ (I think) on that test. My best friend is my diametric opposite. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    TOTD: I generally dislike people and prefer to be alone. I am very good at pretending to like people in work and social situations though.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    TOTD: I generally dislike people and prefer to be alone. I am very good at pretending to like people in work and social situations though.
    Same-Same.

I didn’t get Tom Hanks’ frustration in the movie ‘Cast Away’. For me that would have been heaven on Earth.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Outside, the air is HOT, HOT, HOT! With no relief in the near future unfortunately.

Are you more extroverted or more introverted?...So, do you need to talk with someone to find out what you think about an issue or not? Do crowds exhaust you? Do you think time spent alone is wasted time?
    I am an introvert who doesn't need to sit down and discuss issues with others if I don't have to. I'm capable of making decisions on my own.

Time spent alone is not wasted time at all as I am discovering. A couple of years ago, a counselor suggested that I go on vacation. By myself, I asked her? The concept was completely appalling to me. But I did. I took a 4-day vacation to the Grand Canyon. It turned out to be one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. I was able to think and breathe and I didn't have to be on anyone else's watch but my own.

Since then, I've gone to the ballet by myself and most recently, a baseball game.

The only drawback to being an introvert is it can be hard to meet other people and occasionally I do have to force myself to go out into the world and socialize a bit. Right now, I enjoy participating in the singles ministry events at my church.

Goldwater
    I almost died out there today, all the running and kicking didn't help. However pouring bottles of water on your head feels like masturbation in that situation so it balanced out.