Thread: "What A Great Dad He Will Make. He See's A Skinned Rabbit or Pigeon Not A Child !"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1 "What A Great Dad He Will Make. He See's A Skinned Rabbit or Pigeon Not A Child !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Gordon Ramsay Missed His Babies'Birth To Save Sex Life

    "I don't want to see something coming out of a sort of sci-fi movie. "I don't want to see a skinned rabbit or skinned pigeon coming out of your ninny and then get excited and hold it.

    "Give it to me when it's all nice and sort of clean and ready to go," he added.

    Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay missed the births of his four kids - because he feared it would spoil his sex life. Ramsay's fear was not hidden from his wife Tana. He told her everything honestly. "We have the most amazing life. We're very active in the bedroom and I think you're a beautiful lady," The Sun quoted him, as telling his wife.

    http://news.webindia123.com/news/Art...0/1013639.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member NonConformist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    232
    What a messed up Brit
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt




    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    I've got to side with Gordon here. There's reason that women traditionally give birth among other women and the ick factor is part of that. There's a growing movement among young women to kick the tribe out of the delivery room and just have Mom in there, facing the wall.

    I've been at births and I have absolutely no hard feelings for anyone who would rather skip the juicy part and show up at the christening. Similarly, if a woman wants to do this in the company of her mother, sister, or even medical strangers while Hubs waits outside, I think that's fine too. Millions of men have bonded with their kids just fine without ever having gazed on a placenta.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,243
    I think he's exactly right (with the exception of using the silly word "ninny"). When my husband and I were mulling over the idea of reproduction, we both agreed that he would be far more useful to me during delivery if he went to a very expensive jewelry store, rather than telling me to "breathe"!

    Megimoo, how do you have time to post 750 threads a day? Did the "job and earning a living" thing just not work out? :p
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've been at births and I have absolutely no hard feelings for anyone who would rather skip the juicy part and show up at the christening.
    Including the mother. As Joan Rivers described the ideal childbirth, "They knock you out at the first labor pain and wake you up when the hairdresser arrives".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    NeunElfer SuperMod hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Megimoo, how do you have time to post 750 threads a day? Did the "job and earning a living" thing just not work out? :p
    LOL :D !!!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Including the mother. As Joan Rivers described the ideal childbirth, "They knock you out at the first labor pain and wake you up when the hairdresser arrives".
    Absolutely. If a woman wants to punish her husband by making him hear her thrashing in pain, she can ask but I think he can refuse or at least refuse to observe the business end of things.

    This is like a lot of Boomer ideas: fine for some individuals but painful when forcibly imposed on the entire culture.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member NonConformist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    232
    I was there for all three of my kids and have no regrets, nor has it changed my opinion of my wife. IMO Ramsey needs to grow the fuck up and be a man as opposed to acting like one on TV
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt




    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by NonConformist View Post
    I was there for all three of my kids and have no regrets, nor has it changed my opinion of my wife. IMO Ramsey needs to grow the fuck up and be a man as opposed to acting like one on TV
    I was waiting for someone who actually has a child to comment!!
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've got to side with Gordon here. There's reason that women traditionally give birth among other women and the ick factor is part of that. There's a growing movement among young women to kick the tribe out of the delivery room and just have Mom in there, facing the wall.

    I've been at births and I have absolutely no hard feelings for anyone who would rather skip the juicy part and show up at the christening. Similarly, if a woman wants to do this in the company of her mother, sister, or even medical strangers while Hubs waits outside, I think that's fine too. Millions of men have bonded with their kids just fine without ever having gazed on a placenta.


    I suppose it all depends on the bond between a husband and his wife .Most men are abhorant at seeing a live birth with the perhaps screaming wife,the gore of birth and the wet wrinkled newborn child !
    Some are willing if their wife demands it,Some even want to be there .

    It is an experience to remember and to hold your newborn daughter and to be the first to talk to her is a great feeling and I highly recommend it !
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-30-2008 at 11:48 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •