Thread: "What A Great Dad He Will Make. He See's A Skinned Rabbit or Pigeon Not A Child !"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by NonConformist View Post
    I was there for all three of my kids and have no regrets, nor has it changed my opinion of my wife. IMO Ramsey needs to grow the fuck up and be a man as opposed to acting like one on TV
    If he finds the act of sex to be 'dirty' he should be an abstainer like our saucy little Linda !
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-30-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Absolutely. If a woman wants to punish her husband by making him hear her thrashing in pain, she can ask but I think he can refuse or at least refuse to observe the business end of things.

This is like a lot of Boomer ideas: fine for some individuals but painful when forcibly imposed on the entire culture.

In most cases the man/husband is not at the 'business end' of the actual birth but at his wifes head .

After the child is delivered and cleaned up some the nurse has the child wrapped up in a blanket she will hand the child to the father and mother to hold.

The 'blood and gore are all washed away and the 'business end' is fully drapped.
    Gordan Ramsey is a bully and worse a 'Bloody Pussy' !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

It is an experience to remember and to hold your newborn daughter and to be the first to talk to her is a great feeling and I highly recommend it !

+1 Nothing comes close to those 3 days in my life, and on two of them i saw it all and it still didnt bother me
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

In most cases the man/husband is not at the 'business end' of the actual birth but at his wifes head .
    After the child is delivered and cleaned up some the nurse has the child wrapped up in a blanket she will hand the child to the father and mother to hold.
    The 'blood and gore are all washed away and the 'business end' is fully drapped.
    Gordan Ramsey is a bully and worse a 'Bloody Pussy' !
    Not always. I cut the cord for both of my children and in both cases, she had a C-Section. It was not pretty. I sympathize with Ramsey's take on it, but he certainly could have put it better. If he'd simply said that he was squeamish, he'd have taken a little bit of ribbing but not the kind of flames that this will generate.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Not always. I cut the cord for both of my children and in both cases, she had a C-Section. It was not pretty. I sympathize with Ramsey's take on it, but he certainly could have put it better. If he'd simply said that he was squeamish, he'd have taken a little bit of ribbing but not the kind of flames that this will generate.
    I agree with you as I often do.But how would one not be able to put aside a squeamish feeling for the following joy of a new child in the family ?

noonwitch
    I've never had a baby, but if my baby's father was queasy about witnessing the birth, I'd rather have him wait in the lounge during the actual birth (not during the labor, though) and have my sister sit with me.

My brother and my BIL both witnessed their kids' births. They are both those kinds of guys, who are not easily grossed out and they were both very excited to be daddies.

Power CUer
    If he finds the act of sex to be 'dirty' he should be an abstainer like our saucy little Linda !
    The sex act isn't dirty, and I doubt that Gordon abstains from THAT any more than I do!:p

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The sex act isn't dirty, and I doubt that Gordon abstains from THAT any more than I do!:p
    He's got four or five kids so I'm pretty sure he's familiar with it.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I didn't even want the mid wife in the room much less my husband.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The sex act isn't dirty...:p
    It is if you're doing it right. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!