Thread: Brigitte Gabriel: Hate preaching in mosques

1. #1 Brigitte Gabriel: Hate preaching in mosques 
    A friend went to a Republican club meeting last night where a group called the American Congress for Truth (ACT) gave a presentation. She shared some of the materials with me and I found them interesting. I thought I would share a little and see what members here thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1tWTtveFL8

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Well, we (Westerners) have been aware of this for the past 10 or 15 years. It's funny but I've never attended at Christian service that offered a similar prescription.

From time to time, I attend bible study and some services at a church by my home that is flat-out fundamental. They are a KJV-only, Calvinistic Baptist bunch who believe in electing grace and the perseverance of the saints. These are not your light weight Unity-types.

I have never once heard a member, let alone a leader, call for the subjugation of unbelievers, forced conversion, the imposition of Christian justice in secular law, or for members to use trickery, lying, or cheating on unbelievers.

Remember, all these good folks are morally certain that 99% of humanity is on a greased rail to Hell and they still only preach kindness and fairness to the "lost sheep". Mostly, they work on themselves. Sermons are about living up to Christ. These Christian fundamentalists spend about zero time thinking of ways to impose their ideas through force or manipulation on the wider culture. ;)