Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Because uneducated minorities dont vote.
    I guess that depends on what you mean by "uneducated". ;)

Consider this....

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-04-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Because uneducated minorities dont vote.
    Why? Did you let your registration lapse?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Vepr
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, I thought I'd contribute to this discussion, but disgusting things like this is making me have to walk away before I say something I WON'T regret.

Later guys.
    :D To be fair you probably do not know me from long ago in this boards infancy. I am joking and I think any of the old timers will vouch for me on it. You will find I make jokes about all things and I am an equal opportunity ass. I tweak conservatives just as much as I tweak liberals. I have to say I did not expect anyone to take me seriously on that one.

How about a poll exam?

Part One: Pop Culture
    1) Who won American Idol this season?
    2) LOST is on what TV Network?
    3) Fill in the blank: Miley Cyrus = Hannah ________

Part Two: Civics
    1) List the 3 branches of government:________________________
    2) Circle One: America is a Democracy\ Republic\ Colony.
    3) Put these in chronological order: Gettysburg Address, Constitution, Patriot Act, Declaration of Independance, Mayflower Compact, Rowe vs. Wade, Bill of Rights.

If you get more correct in part One than Part Two, you have to leave the polling station.

:D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, I thought I'd contribute to this discussion, but disgusting things like this is making me have to walk away before I say something I WON'T regret.

Later guys.
    It worked ,it worked .Remember just what you said so we can run her off in the future !
    Poor little Bridget our California moonbeam is upset at our lack of PC language skills !

just sayin'
    Originally, only land owners could vote. I think we should return to that system. Condos and Cadillacs don't count. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Originally, only land owners could vote. I think we should return to that system. Condos and Cadillacs don't count. :D
    He thinks college graduates are the new American aristocrats,the enlightened ones !Colleges are just for openers kid get a few work years under your belt and come back and tell us about it .

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    You should get one vote for every 10K of taxable income you make every year.

The CEO of Burger King should have more say how the country is run than the guy that makes the fries at Burger King.
    Last edited by Space Gravy; 06-04-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Vepr
    I think every 4 years if we do not like how the Congress as a whole behaved towards the public interest we should be able to vote for them to face off with swords in a stadium like gladiators. The last one standing can run again.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Eyelids, at one time didn't you pretend to be a black school teacher in Chicago? Didn't it turn out that you were actually a college student somewhere? If that is the case, why the pretense?

Lids, the tone and attitude revealed in your comments indicate that you are more the youngster looking to look big than you are a thoughtful man who has accomplished something real.

It's easy to say something provocative to pick a fight. I've done it. It's fun and interesting. But you strike me more as being a kid wannabe in baggy pants going around saying 'whatup' and not having a clue.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!