Thread: "What A Great Way To Get Rid Of The San Francisco Gay Lefties !"

1. #1 "What A Great Way To Get Rid Of The San Francisco Gay Lefties !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Dump Buckets of Birth Control Pills into the San Francisco Municipal Water Supply."

Why liberals prefer raising dogs instead of children

The reason is not that right-wingers have dumped buckets of birth control pills into the San Francisco municipal water supply.

Today’s liberalism is completely wrapped up with the notion of self. The legacy of the 1960s “if it feels good do it” ethos is alive and well. Modern liberals often embrace these teachings and incorporate them in the way they live their lives and maintain their relationships.

For dramatic proof, go to the streets of a liberal enclave like San Francisco, Seattle or Vermont. There will be plenty of expensive boutiques, antique dealers, health spas, sushi bars and upscale coffee shops. But you won’t see very many children.

The reason is not that right-wingers have dumped buckets of birth control pills into the San Francisco municipal water supply. The simple fact is that many on the liberal left today just don’t want to have children.

A 2004 U.S. survey showed that a typical sample of 100 unrelated adults who called themselves liberal will have 147 children. That contrasts with the typical conservative, who is likely to have 208 children per 100 unrelated adults. That’s 41% more.

Why is this important? Because raising children is a difficult and selfless act that is also an important civic duty. The survival of our society — not to mention our Social Security system! — rests on individuals bringing up a new generation.

The liberal Northeastern states — Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York — have the lowest fertility rates in the country. They also have the lowest percentage of population under the age of five. In progressive San Francisco, there are more dogs than children. Joel Kotkin points out that Seattle (my hometown) has roughly the same population as it did in the 1960s, but barely half as many children. Indeed, there are nearly 45% more dogs than children. Dogs, of course, offer companionship without the burdens and responsibilities of children.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...-children.aspx.

It's simple mathematics that it won't be long before these people are in the tiny minority. If you don't have kids, you have no one to pass your values on to. (Of course, this makes me think these people will fight more vehemently to brainwash public school and college students.)
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Why is this important? Because raising children is a difficult and selfless act that is also an important civic duty. The survival of our society — not to mention our Social Security system! — rests on individuals bringing up a new generation.
    I would take issue with this basic premise. Having children is often a very selfish act. And an argument can be made, that as long as there are kids to adopt, actually producing new ones is extremely selfish.

Being a good parent is a noble thing... popping out a kid is something every single idiot in this world can do and its not always for the best.

Selflessness could be choosing not to bring a child into the world with limited resources combined with a population boom. We may never see it, but the time will come when the planet just won't be big enough to support us all.. at least not at any level of comfort.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Being a good parent is a noble thing... popping out a kid is something every single idiot in this world can do and its not always for the best.

My 21 years working in children's services have shown this to be true repeatedly, and over multiple generations.

Resident Grump
    I would take issue with this basic premise. Having children is often a very selfish act. And an argument can be made, that as long as there are kids to adopt, actually producing new ones is extremely selfish
    That's your opinion, now go off and say six Ron Pauls for penance.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I would take issue with this basic premise. Having children is often a very selfish act. And an argument can be made, that as long as there are kids to adopt, actually producing new ones is extremely selfish.

Selflessness could be choosing not to bring a child into the world with limited resources combined with a population boom. We may never see it, but the time will come when the planet just won't be big enough to support us all.. at least not at any level of comfort.
    Is that You algore ?