Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Then what is the point in replying?
    I thought we were expressing whether we cared about the commercial running.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I'm not a fan of Focus on the Family/James Dobson, but CBS has the right to air any ad they want to. People who object are free to:

1. Boycott the Superbowl and CBS network programming
    2. Boycott all sponsors on CBS

I wish there were more organizations like FOF. They do a world of good and cost taxpayers ZERO.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Last edited by PoliCon; 01-28-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

The letter calls on CBS to reject what the groups call an anti-choice ad that advances Focus on the Family's Agenda.
    I love how libs forget that choice means a person may choose NOT to do something. If the left is so pro-choice, then all options, including carrying a baby to term should be on the table correct? Oops, applying logic to a liberal argument, silly me.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Pretty f-d up, when we live in a country where a little commercial celebrating life over death becomes so controversial.

Tim Tebow surprised by Super Bowl ad controversy

The former Gators quarterback says he doesn’t regret making the commercial.

MOBILE, Ala. — Tim Tebow has been surprised by the controversy surrounding his anti-abortion ad that will air during the Super Bowl, but the protests from women’s groups have not caused him to regret his decision to film the ad.

“I definitely didn’t think it would have this much hype and definitely that much buzz, but it’s something I believe in and I’ll stand up for,” Tebow said.

Tebow filmed the 30-second ad with his mother, Pam, for the group Focus on the Family. The ad’s theme is “Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life.” On Monday, several women’s groups — most notably the National Organization for Women and the Feminist Majority — asked CBS not to air the ad during the Feb. 7 Super Bowl broadcast. In a Facebook note Tuesday night, former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin criticized those women’s groups.
    FULL STORY

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    Pretty f-d up, when we live in a country where a little commercial celebrating life over death becomes so controversial.

FULL STORY
    This is pretty amazing. In 20 words you've spoken volumes. My compliments.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Anybody catch America Live with Megyn Kelly today? I'm so glad I recorded it. I'll use it for a smile when I need one. Gloria Allred came on to tell America that Mrs. Tebow is lying or at least omitting a very important fact. Allred was quite animated and confident in her indignation.

Allred informed us that the Philippines had laws against abortion then. A woman having an abortion could be jailed for years, the doctor who performed an abortion could be jailed for years and those laws still exist to this day. Allred insisted that Mrs. Tebow was being dishonest by insinuating that she chose life for her son ignoring the danger his birth posed to her. Allred believes Mrs. Tebow had her son so she wouldn't go to jail and to not say so is dishonest. Allred was pretty pissed about the whole thing.

You gotta love Kelly. She let Allred have her say and then she informed Allred that she'd done a little research. Filipino law stated then as it does now, that an exception exists that allows abortions where the mother's life is clearly in danger, as was Mrs. Tebow's by her doctor's admission.

That hit Allred with a fastball right between her eyes. "I've never seen that exception... even if it does exist, Mrs. Tebow has to be honest about all the facts sounding the birth..."

Kelly asked her, "What do you want her to say?"

I am so glad I recorded this.
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 02-01-2010 at 08:26 PM.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Anybody catch America Live with Megyn Kelly today? I'm so glad I recorded it. I'll use it for a smile when I need one. Gloria Allred came on to tell America that Mrs. Tebow is lying or at least omitting a very important fact. Allred was quite animated and confident in her indignation.

Allred informed us that the Philippines had laws against abortion then. A woman having an abortion could be jailed for years, the doctor who performed an abortion could be jailed for years and those laws still exist to this day. Allred insisted that Mrs. Tebow was being dishonest by insinuating that she chose life for her son ignoring the danger his birth posed to her. Allred believes Mrs. Tebow had her son so she wouldn't go to jail and to not say so is dishonest. Allred was pretty pissed about the whole thing.

You gotta love Kelly. She let Allred have her say and then she informed Allred that she'd done a little research. Filipino law stated then as it does now, that an exception exists that allows abortions where the mother's life is clearly in danger, as was Mrs. Tebow's by her doctor's admission.

That hit Allred with a fastball right between her eyes. "I've never seen that exception... even if it does exist, Mrs. Tebow has to be honest about all the facts sounding the birth..."

Kelly asked her, "What do you want her to say?"

I am so glad I recorded this.
    Nothing like smashing a feminazi between the eyes with the FUCKING TRUTH! :D I'm gonna go look for this on youtube!