Thread: Tim Tebow's Super Bowl Commercial

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I wish I had the exact transcript. I listened a couple of times. At about 1:45, did I hear Allred say that no woman should be forced to take a pregnancy to term when it might present a risk to the fetus OR the mother? Did I hear that right???

Is there actually something that presents a greater risk to a fetus than being aborted?

I don't know, maybe if Allred was your mother?!?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Gloria was a guest on one of the local talk shows last night. One of the hosts had also done a little research and smacked her with this. She instantly offered all of the following objections in lieu of a coherent answer:

There isn't a specific and positive exemption for abortion in the Philippine criminal code. (Obviously, if the law doesn't consider the act a criminal act under specific medical circumstances, there wouldn't be.)

Tebow's mother might not have had enough money to pay for an abortion. (Because missionaries can never get funds for emergency medical treatment or tickets home. )

Even if it's true (rolls eyes), it would make otherwise sensible women decide to kill themselves along with their nearly dead kids just to play along.

Even if it's true, there are still millions of American women who can't get abortions on demand because all the doctors are terrified of the crowds of trigger-happy fundies roaming the hinterland.

Tim who?

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Tim who?
    Look you saw your friggen shadow, now crawl back into your hole till next year.

Banned
    Tim who?
    Watch the S.B. and you might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I wish I had the exact transcript. I listened a couple of times. At about 1:45, did I hear Allred say that no woman should be forced to take a pregnancy to term when it might present a risk to the fetus OR the mother? Did I hear that right???

Is there actually something that presents a greater risk to a fetus than being aborted?

I don't know, maybe if Allred was your mother?!?
    You should hear Boortz when he starts talking about serving on some board or committee with Allred. This is not his exact words, but he describes her as an attention whore whose only interest in everything she does is to get her face in front of a camera. She cares nothing about the causes she supports other than how they can benefit her and the image others have of her. Some of my own feelings my be added in but I believe that Boortz and I essentially agree.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Tim who?
    if you and 3 of your friends were standing around, putting all your fingers together, you would not be able to count on them all the awards and honors this kid accumulated while playing with the Florida Gators between 2006 - 2009. And he is a very good person too.

That's Tim who.

These people make me want to pull what little hair I have left out. I almost fell out of my chair when Allred said how difficult it is for poor women to get abortions. Um, hey Gloria, they found it easy enough to get pregnant. Again, quoting Chris Rock in his Black people vs. Niggaz rant, if you can't afford kids, STOP FUCKING! But these babbling baboons like Allred can't seem to wrap their puny little minds around the thought of personal responsibility. IMO I'd rather Planned Parenthood promote some kind of sterilization of so called poor people who can't afford abortions than the wanton slaughter of innocent unborn babies who didn't ask to be conceived in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    I love how libs forget that choice means a person may choose NOT to do something. If the left is so pro-choice, then all options, including carrying a baby to term should be on the table correct? Oops, applying logic to a liberal argument, silly me.
    And here's the hypocrisy of the article above when the idiot author called Focus on the Family an anti-abortion group, how about calling so called Pro Choice people what they are, Pro Abortion? If you want to cast aspersions at a group for their beliefs then perhaps you should look in a mirror at yourself first. If FOTF wants to use someone else, they should use my niece. She was going to have an abortion then decided against it and even though she's an unwed mother right now, I'm glad she had the baby because he's a beautiful little boy(we celebrated his 1st birthday this past Saturday).
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

To counter the Tebow's ad, Planned Parenthood has a couple of retired athletes who'll extol the importance of a woman making her own choice because she knows what is best for her.

Isn't that exactly what Mrs. Tebow did?

I just worried he won't get drafted due to this.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.