Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Another moment was when Barky started to speak about inheriting a mess and the camera cut away to Senator John McCain leaning over to the person sitting next to him and saying what looked like, "He is gonna blame Bush again."

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    i couldn't bring myself to listen to the SOTU address, i knew it was going to be full of BS, i did listen to the Gov of Virginia though and he made some great points about letting insurance companies compete across state lines and TORT reform.

Ginsberg did look like she was going to fall over dead in that vid. I swtiched it over to ABC from fox just as Diane Swayer was joyfully saying that the Obassiah took it to the SC and to the JCS and how they sat there while all these moron Senator's stood clapping.

i wonder what the reaction would have been if Alito had stood up and gave the Obassiah a lecture. probably the same as last year when the Congressman shouted out "lier"

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I hope she can hold out for 3 more years - or at least until we have a majority in the senate again . . . .

Ruth Bader Ginsberg is a committed liberal-if she thinks she's not going to make it, she's going to retire while there is still a democrat in the white house.

She's always been a skinny, little woman. She's survived cancer before. She could beat the odds again.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    i couldn't bring myself to listen to the SOTU address, i knew it was going to be full of BS, i did listen to the Gov of Virginia though and he made some great points about letting insurance companies compete across state lines and TORT reform.

Ginsberg did look like she was going to fall over dead in that vid. I swtiched it over to ABC from fox just as Diane Swayer was joyfully saying that the Obassiah took it to the SC and to the JCS and how they sat there while all these moron Senator's stood clapping.

i wonder what the reaction would have been if Alito had stood up and gave the Obassiah a lecture. probably the same as last year when the Congressman shouted out "lier"
    I wonder what her reaction would have been if a conservative president were rebuking the SCOTUS for ruling against DOMA.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post

You know that nothing prevents insurance cmpanies from competing across state lines right ?

The issue is that each state regulates what can and must be in a policy.

This rhetoric sounds nice until you examine the facts. The states need to make some changes and allow for more bare bones sorts of options. Thats how you drop the price for a family of four in NY from 12k to 4k as they enjoy in WI.

And careful how you go about it, we've lost plenty enough by way of state's rights, I for one do not want to see this further degraded.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtowner View Post
    You know that nothing prevents insurance cmpanies from competing across state lines right ?

This rhetoric sounds nice until you examine the facts. .
    This doesn't make sense. If it is allowed, why aren't they doing it? Car insr. abides by state guidelines and they cross state lines. If they can make a profit, why can't health insr?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Ruth Bader Ginsberg is a committed liberal-if she thinks she's not going to make it, she's going to retire while there is still a democrat in the white house.

She's always been a skinny, little woman. She's survived cancer before. She could beat the odds again.
    you are right, she is a committed liberal and even though i am on the OTHER side from her point of view, i hope she can beat the cancer ... (i don't wish ill of anyone, but wish she could adjust her perspective to a more center of the road)

I too am a cancer survivor ... :D

Quote Originally Posted by dogtowner View Post

This rhetoric sounds nice until you examine the facts. The states need to make some changes and allow for more bare bones sorts of options. Thats how you drop the price for a family of four in NY from 12k to 4k as they enjoy in WI.

And careful how you go about it, we've lost plenty enough by way of state's rights, I for one do not want to see this further degraded.
    Allowing someone to buy a policy from another state hardly infringes on "State's Rights".

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Another moment was when Barky started to speak about inheriting a mess and the camera cut away to Senator John McCain leaning over to the person sitting next to him and saying what looked like, "He is gonna blame Bush again."
    Yep. Here's the YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiaUd...layer_embedded

I wish I could say I'm surprised that Obama played this card yet again. It was good to see it being called on national TV.

The person sitting next to him was Sen Lindsay Graham (R, SC). Sorry about the Think Progress banner, but it's almost worth visiting their site to see DU-extended trying to defend their man. It's an eyeopener to see how defensive the libtards are becoming.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

I'm sure the 5 justices who voted for it would be pissed that Obama lacked the class to do what he did. But I'll bet the 4 dissenters were pretty pissed as well. Perhaps it has occurred before, but I don't know when. The incident speaks volumes about Zero.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.