1. #1 "Jon Stewart Obama Jokes May Signal Collapse of Remaining Obama Support" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Tougher Jon Stewart jokes against Obama may just signal the collapse of the remaining vestiges of support the president usually enjoys.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFNRw...layer_embedded
    Normally popular among his ferociously committed, liberal base that is represented among the late-night riffraff and their bizarre audiences (who can't even tell that hosts like Jon Stewart aren't really newscasters), Obama of late has come in for slightly more-heavy-than-normal ridicule among hosts like Jon Stewart, who mercilessly (and some would say traitorously) delighted in eroding war support for eight years under Bush by continually making fun of Iraq's progress.

To be clear, though, while the "tougher" barbs from Stewart are still much, much, much more loving than anything he and his ilk fiercely threw at Bush for several years, they just may, nevertheless, signal an upcoming sea change in Obama's support even from liberals, a final collapse of support, maybe even??

To put this in context, we're not talking a complete, hardcore movement among late-night comics to crucify Obama as they did with Bush...because they're still a bunch of extremely partisan ideologues, you see. Nay, with Obama, Stewart's jokes are hardly cutting, but the real prognosticator of things to come with regards to Obama's support from even his normally loyal base of liberals is the fact that Stewart is cracking wise at all about his Great Leader.

A very vivid, recent example of this slight, but potentially, still growing collapse of support among even Obama supporters is Stewart's mocking of Obama's recent teleprompter stupidity before a sixth-grade class. You'll all remember that Obama found the sixth-graders, apparently, sooooo intimidating that he felt he needed to give them the most professional, sure-fire, no-fail presentation...by robotically reading to small pre-teens off of a teleprompter. Apparently, even to diehard Obama defenders like Stewart, this seemed too embarrassing to let slide.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ay.html?cat=75

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    If Olber-dork ever starts making fun of the 0bumbler, then I'll truly believe he's in trouble.

The last time I flipped over to his show, he was still bashing Bush & Cheney, and this was some time last fall.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Jon Stewart makes fun of everybody-liberal, conservative, democrat, republican. He's pretty fair about it. He rips on whoever is in power at the moment.

Colbert, on the other hand, is making fun of Sean Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Jon Stewart makes fun of everybody-liberal, conservative, democrat, republican. He's pretty fair about it. He rips on whoever is in power at the moment.

Colbert, on the other hand, is making fun of Sean Hannity.
    Can you believe Colbert won a Grammy?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Can you believe Colbert won a Grammy?
    Just goes to show you what they're worth,just about as much as a Noble !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Just goes to show you what they're worth,just about as much as a Noble !

Colbert is funny. He also is good to the troops, and broadcast a his show live from Iraq for a week last year. The commander shaved Colbert's head for the amusement of the troops (at the command of Pres. Obama, who was there by television), and it was very funny.

I don't know what he won a grammy for-I assume a comedy album or something. I don't watch many award shows, just the Oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Colbert is funny. He also is good to the troops, and broadcast a his show live from Iraq for a week last year. The commander shaved Colbert's head for the amusement of the troops (at the command of Pres. Obama, who was there by television), and it was very funny.

I don't know what he won a grammy for-I assume a comedy album or something. I don't watch many award shows, just the Oscars.
    Yeah, Colbert is a good guy IMO. He's (and John Stewart) a comedian first and foremost. It's not their fault that millions of idiots treat them as real journalists.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    that was some of the funniest stuff i've heard from that guy...unfortuantlly it was only 1:13