Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Palin Races for Bottom in Amazing Display of Stupidity 
    An amazing display of Palin hypocrisy and stupidity:

JANUARY 26, 2010 Chief of Staff Draws Fire From Left as Obama Falters

By PETER WALLSTEN

WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama's liberal backers have a long list of grievances. The Guantanamo Bay prison is still open. Health care hasn't been transformed. And Wall Street banks are still paying huge bonuses.

But they are directing their anger less at Mr. Obama than at the man who works down the hall from him. Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, they say, is the prime obstacle to the changes they thought Mr. Obama's election would bring.

Some observers say Rahm Emanuel is losing favor with liberal Democrats. Could his job be on the line? Kelsey Hubbard talks with WSJ's Peter Wallsten about the future of President Obama's chief of staff.
    The friction was laid bare in August when Mr. Emanuel showed up at a weekly strategy session featuring liberal groups and White House aides. Some attendees said they were planning to air ads attacking conservative Democrats who were balking at Mr. Obama's health-care overhaul.

"F—ing retarded," Mr. Emanuel scolded the group, according to several participants. He warned them not to alienate lawmakers whose votes would be needed on health care and other top legislative items.

The antipathy reflects deep dissatisfaction on the Democratic left with Mr. Obama's first year in office, and represents a fracturing of the relationship between the president and the political base that mobilized to elect him. A little more than one year ago, Mr. Obama's victory led some to predict an era of Democratic dominance.

(snip)
    Does the G.O.P. have a deathwish? We finally climb off the matt with Scott Brown and now we're taking a PC, pro-left position? What is going on?
    If it's us or them, I choose us.
    ============================
    Freedom speaks English.
    ============================
    September 11; a moment of great moral clarity

I'm not seeing the connection between your thread title and your article?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm not seeing the connection between your thread title and your article?
    Same here. IN a nutshell - what?

Sonnabend
    Read article,. Where is Governor Palin mentioned?

Oh Lord..it's Megimoo's apprentice :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Read article,. Where is Governor Palin mentioned?

Oh Lord..it's Megimoo's apprentice :eek:
    or is puppet . . . . :eek:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

A story mentioned that she posted something on her blog concerning this, but seeing that she has a child with Down's syndrome I suspect she is a bit sensitive to the word 'retard'.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Palin wasted a huge political opportunity here. Everybody knows that Palin, her daughter, her latest child, and her husband came in for a lot of frankly abusive name-calling during and after the election. This is common knowledge. When she jumped on this, it looked like opportunistic revenge. Worse yet, the issue itself is about political correctness now instead of simple professionalism.

Palin should have sat back and waited. There are literally millions of people who are personally affected by family members who are developmentally disabled (i.e., "retarded"). They would have come out of the woodwork calling for his head on this issue. When she was approached by the press for her views, she could have pointed out the sheer unprofessionalism of having a chief of staff who is so completely tone-deaf and such an amateur. That would have hurt! By not even mentioning the "retard" statement and instead, focusing on the "fucking" language and the inappropriateness of having WH staff using that kind of language in public, she would have kept the conservative high ground and made political hay.

As it is, she's coming across as a Mom, not a political leader. :(

This is common knowledge. When she jumped on this, it looked like opportunistic revenge. Worse yet, the issue itself is about political correctness now instead of simple professionalism.

As it is, she's coming across as a Mom, not a political leader. :(
    Your points are contradictory. Is she taking an opportunity to exact revenge or she coming across as a mom? I have never met the lady but I have the distinct impression that she loves her children as much as a mom can. In my world a mom who truly loved a child with down syndrome would never, as in NEVER, use the child's condition as a means to exact opportunistic revenge.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Is it me or are some of you drawing attention away from what Emmanuel said by focusing on Palin's understandable reaction? This is another foot-in-mouth moment for the Obama Administration yet people here are pointing an accusatory finger at Palin. Just like when Reid made his comment about Obama not being what Reid perceives to be a 'real' black person but the discussion quickly went to Trent Lott.

And Ginger, she is a mom first. That's why she stepped down as governor of Alaska.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Your points are contradictory. Is she taking an opportunity to exact revenge or she coming across as a mom? I have never met the lady but I have the distinct impression that she loves her children as much as a mom can. In my world a mom who truly loved a child with down syndrome would never, as in NEVER, use the child's condition as a means to exact opportunistic revenge.
    In my world, women with serious careers have to pay strict attention to issues of perception in their professional lives. We are still considered more emotional, less professional, and more impulsive than our male counterparts and no where is this baggage more apparent than in politics.

It doesn't matter if Palin is a good mom or if she's personally sensitive to language that could reflect on her children. We all have opinions but very few of us are jockeying for a leadership position in the Conservative Movement today. Palin is doing that very thing. I happen to like Palin a great deal but her political/strategic mistakes are magnified because she's a woman. That's just a plain fact. Had a Bill Clinton-like male politician charged out and made this same comment, it wouldn't have any of the same political ramifications.