Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    In my world, women with serious careers have to pay strict attention to issues of perception in their professional lives. We are still considered more emotional, less professional, and more impulsive than our male counterparts and no where is this baggage more apparent than in politics.

    It doesn't matter if Palin is a good mom or if she's personally sensitive to language that could reflect on her children. We all have opinions but very few of us are jockeying for a leadership position in the Conservative Movement today. Palin is doing that very thing. I happen to like Palin a great deal but her political/strategic mistakes are magnified because she's a woman. That's just a plain fact. Had a Bill Clinton-like male politician charged out and made this same comment, it wouldn't have any of the same political ramifications.
    In the world of the voters, they want someone that is real and speaks their mind. I admire someone that does that and is honest in his/her beliefs. I don't give a fuck what other people say. Those are the people I want in office not some phony reserved dickhead that has to measure every word that comes out of their mouths.

    She exudes everything I like in a politician. She does not have to play these games of monitoring every thought in her pretty little head. Women in politics do get the short end of the stick but sticking your head in the mud is not the right approach. I want someone that is a fighter. The wimpy Repubs would have allowed the health care to pass if it was not for the Tea Party crowd which she is a good part of.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    In the world of the voters, they want someone that is real and speaks their mind. I admire someone that does that and is honest in his/her beliefs. I don't give a fuck what other people say. Those are the people I want in office not some phony reserved dickhead that has to measure every word that comes out of their mouths.

    She exudes everything I like in a politician. She does not have to play these games of monitoring every thought in her pretty little head. Women in politics do get the short end of the stick but sticking your head in the mud is not the right approach. I want someone that is a fighter. The wimpy Repubs would have allowed the health care to pass if it was not for the Tea Party crowd which she is a good part of.
    That's great. I also like Palin in many ways, however, she's a polarizing figure who is viewed negatively by a large number of voters - including Republicans. As someone who is emerging as a leader in Conservative circles, she has the opportunity to frame conservative arguments in ways that may appeal to swing voters.

    This was a missed opportunity. The focus is not now on the Administration's poor choice of advisors and staffers, it's on Palin and the language police.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That's great. I also like Palin in many ways, however, she's a polarizing figure who is viewed negatively by a large number of voters - including Republicans. As someone who is emerging as a leader in Conservative circles, she has the opportunity to frame conservative arguments in ways that may appeal to swing voters.

    This was a missed opportunity. The focus is not now on the Administration's poor choice of advisors and staffers, it's on Palin and the language police.
    Don't you think that every time she opens her mouth criticizing the Administration that her every word is not going to be dissected. If I was her, I would not worry about it. Speak your mind and let the chips fall where they may. The electorate is so turned off by phony ass politicians that parse their words.

    As far as the Rockefeller Republican establishment, they can go screw themselves. Her poll numbers have increased since she became the leading force behind the Tea Party. McCain proved that Democrat lite can not win. I think she will win the nomination and in a head to head debate, she will eat Obama's lunch.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Don't you think that every time she opens her mouth criticizing the Administration that her every word is not going to be dissected. If I was her, I would not worry about it. Speak your mind and let the chips fall where they may. The electorate is so turned off by phony ass politicians that parse their words.

    As far as the Rockefeller Republican establishment, they can go screw themselves. Her poll numbers have increased since she became the leading force behind the Tea Party. McCain proved that Democrat lite can not win. I think she will win the nomination and in a head to head debate, she will eat Obama's lunch.
    Well, I am a member of the TEA Party and the 9/12 movement and I disagree. Palin is a lot more valuable to us as a speaker than she is as a candidate at this point in time. Who knows what will happen in 10 years?

    And like any speaker for a movement that is the process of redefining itself, she needs to know when it's smarter to let others charge that hill. ;)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, I am a member of the TEA Party and the 9/12 movement and I disagree. Palin is a lot more valuable to us as a speaker than she is as a candidate at this point in time. Who knows what will happen in 10 years?

    And like any speaker for a movement that is the process of redefining itself, she needs to know when it's smarter to let others charge that hill. ;)
    I have to disagree with your assertion. The Administration response to her remarks makes them look petty and childish. So, I think she was the winner in that respect. Bush was called everything but a white man. His response was deafening. I want someone in the Repub. party or the Tea Party to call the Admin. on their bullshit every-time they sling it out. Staying on the defense is a losing proposition. Every time she throws darts at them, their rebuttal winds up giving her a platform to further her agenda. I think that is a good thing. In my opinion, the Admin. is too stupid to see that because her ideas resonate more with our side than with theirs.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 02-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Member JBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NYC area
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This was a missed opportunity. The focus is not now on the Administration's poor choice of advisors and staffers, it's on Palin and the language police.
    I goofed on the opening post. I quoted the article language regarding the Obama administration fandango, in particular, its failure to govern on behalf of all Americans, not just doctrinaire liberals.

    What I meant to criticize was Palin's involving herself by criticizing Rohm's language. The fact is that one of the problems with the left is its insistence on banalizing language, for example, by using words such as "militants" instead of savages. The focus should not be on Rohm's choice of words; it should be on the fact that the Obama administration is detached from reality and does not represent the country. Excerpt from article about Palin's criticism below (link to article).

    Palin: Rahm Emanuel should be axed for 'retarded' comment
    Last Updated: 5:16 AM, February 3, 2010

    Posted: 11:55 AM, February 2, 2010

    Former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin posted a note on her Facebook page late Monday calling for President Obama to fire his Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel for comments he made that she said were offensive to children with developmental disabilities.

    In the Facebook posting entitled “Are You Capable of Decency, Rahm Emanuel?,” Palin called for his firing for comments attributed to him in a Jan. 26 Wall Street Journal article where he called plans by liberal groups to run ads against moderate Democrats "F—ing retarded."

    “I would ask the president to show decency in this process by eliminating one member of that inner circle, Mr. Rahm Emanuel, and not allow Rahm’s continued indecent tactics to cloud efforts,” Palin said in the posting.

    “Just as we’d be appalled if any public figure of Rahm’s stature ever used the “N-word” or other such inappropriate language, Rahm’s slur on all God’s children with cognitive and developmental disabilities – and the people who love them – is unacceptable, and it’s heartbreaking,” the post continued.
    If it's us or them, I choose us.
    ============================
    Freedom speaks English.
    ============================
    September 11; a moment of great moral clarity
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member AlmostThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A Great Red State
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That's great. I also like Palin in many ways, however, she's a polarizing figure who is viewed negatively by a large number of voters - including Republicans.
    Why? Would it be because the MSM constantly paints her in a negative light because she has genuine conservative values and isn't part of the good old boys club? Polarizing figure?!? Pardon me, but that is crap. That's BS Democrat talking points, 101.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Member JBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NYC area
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Why? Would it be because the MSM constantly paints her in a negative light because she has genuine conservative values and isn't part of the good old boys club? Polarizing figure?!? Pardon me, but that is crap. That's BS Democrat talking points, 101.
    I happen to think that Rahm Emanuel's comment shows how out of touch Obama and his fellow lefties are. What is Palin trying to do; turn the White House, now engaged in fratricidal recriminations over Scott's victory, into the "good ship Lollipop"?
    If it's us or them, I choose us.
    ============================
    Freedom speaks English.
    ============================
    September 11; a moment of great moral clarity
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    Is there room under the bus for Rahm!?!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member AlmostThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A Great Red State
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    I happen to think that Rahm Emanuel's comment shows how out of touch Obama and his fellow lefties are. What is Palin trying to do; turn the White House, now engaged in fratricidal recriminations over Scott's victory, into the "good ship Lollipop"?
    Maybe she just expects better from the office of the leader of the free world. If I heard my teenage son say someone was fucking retarded I can assure you, he would have a problem on his hands.

    A little copy/paste from Wiki:
    The White House Chief of Staff is the highest ranking member of the Executive Office of the President of the United States and a senior aide to the President. The office-holder has been dubbed "The Second-Most Powerful Man in Washington" due to the nature of the job.[1]

    Should I really expect better behavior from a teenage boy then the President's Chief of Staff while engaged in his official duties? Do we really expect that little of our leaders? Or is it that we have no right to question their behavior? Which is it?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •