Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 'you Don't Blow A Bunch Of Cash In Vegas' 
    It seems Obama has stuck his foot in his gums again...

'YOU DON'T BLOW A BUNCH OF CASH IN VEGAS'
    "You can't go take that trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on taxpayers' dime," he said at the time. Local business leaders say Nevada tourism suffered last year in part because companies canceled trips to Las Vegas in the wake of the president's comments.

His statement Tuesday drew sharp criticism from Nevada lawmakers. "The President needs to lay off Las Vegas and stop making it the poster child for where people shouldn't be spending their money," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat. "Las Vegas is suffering through one of the highest unemployment rates in the country, and we cannot afford for the President to bring us down any further," added Republican Senator John Ensign. "Nevada has one of the most distressed economies in the country, and the President has done little to focus on job creation over the past year. Discouraging people from coming to our state to make a political point adds insult to injury," said Republican Congressman Dean Heller.

HAHAHAHAHA

We can all be thankful he is so f'n inept or his ass could be much more dangerous.

Mas:
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=24757

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

No we can't go to Vegas with our own hard earned money but Nancy Pelosi can fly her family around the country on our dime using the resources of the air force. She wasn't along on many of those flights nor were any other members of the government, she just asked for air force planes to fly her spawn around the country with my @$%#! money!:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    She wasn't along on many of those flights nor were any other members of the government, she just asked for air force planes to fly her spawn around the country with my @$%#! money!:mad:
    Now, that's not very Maoist of you.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

4. #4 Obama Bashes Vegas - Part Deux. 
    Did We Just Get Lectured on Fiscal Responsibility By the Guy With the $1.6 Trillion Budget Deficit?

posted at 10:08 am on February 3, 2010 by dougpowers

For some reason I feel like Michael Moore just told me that I really need to eat more salads: President Obama is catching heat from Nevada lawmakers and business leaders regarding his comments Tuesday criticizing trips to Las Vegas.

During the president’s town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, he discussed the need to curb spending during tough economic times. “When times are tough, you tighten your belts,” the president said. “You don’t go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don’t blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you’re trying to save for college.”

The Obama administration’s $3.8 trillion budget projects a $1.6 trillion deficit in the current fiscal year due in part to enormous pork projects, “stimulus” scams and entitlement programs — not to mention $237 million to buy an Illinois prison so terrorists can be closer to us (how thoughtful) — and I’m getting lectured about buying a f—–g boat?

The guy with six-figure “date nights” with a wife who wears $2,700 coats and $540 sneakers who said we all need to “sacrifice for the next generation” says we shouldn’t be spending the night at Caesars Palace to try to recover some of the money he’s losing us?

And what’s with this “don’t go to Vegas when you’re financially hurting” kick? Obama’s own budget is loaded with gambles. For example, Obama’s new budget assumes passage of the health care bill. Talk about a big gamble! The odds of winning big at a Vegas slot machine are better than Obamacare passing in its proposed form.

But of course if health care doesn’t pass and the deficit balloons as a result of the budget being all out of whack, it’ll be your fault because you opposed it. Well, yours and Bush’s.

Usually I like to see a little more populism in my populists.

Closing thought: So, Obama’s trying to help get Harry Reid re-elected in Nevada by telling people they shouldn’t be spending their money in his state? Good luck with that. We’re witnessing the Obama Curse claiming another victim right before our eyes.

Update: Obama’s really making pals fast out there. Nevada’s Governor: “Doesn’t President Obama know that thousands of families in Las Vegas are suffering because of his failed economic policies?” The Mayor of Las Vegas talks about Obama’s visit later this month to campaign for Reid: “I’ll do everything I can to give him the boot back to Washington.”

Read all about it in Obama’s next book, “How to Lose Friends and Influence People to Vote Against You.”
    LOL! :D

Hot Air

Banned
    Not only is this bastard taking more of our hard earned money, he is telling us how to spend the rest. Fuck you, Barky. I am doing everything to keep the last penny I can from and would rather put everything I own in a pile and burn it to the ground than let you have it.

During the president's town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, he discussed the need to curb spending during tough economic times. "When times are tough, you tighten your belts," the president said. "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college."
    I about choked on the coffee I was drinking while reading that. "When times are tough the government should tax the crap out of the population in order for them to tighten their belts so the government can spend more money than a drunken sailor in Bangkok."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    His teleprompter must have punted on him resulting in putting foot in mouth.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    DingleBarry advocating fiscal responsibility is like a hooker advocating abstinance.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    DingleBarry advocating fiscal responsibility is like a hooker advocating abstinance.
    Well, the really cheap ones do kind of, don't they? At least using the Clintonian definition of sex. :p

Any chance there's money in his porkulus package to dredge a channel so that I can drive my boat from the Pacific to Vegas?