Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 IRS Purchasing Shotguns - No, Really 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Political Power Comes Largely from the Barrel of a Gun" Chairman Mao Tse Tung

The IRS is buying shotguns. Matt Drudge is reporting that the website FEDBIZOPPS.Gov. has posted a request for quotes from suppliers for 12 gauge pump action shotguns to be submitted to the IRS. An excerpt from the website says:

"The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

Submit quotes including 11% Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) and shipping to Washington DC."

Why does this bother me? I realize that perhaps this is nothing new. Maybe the IRS has been purchasing weapons and artillery for their "Criminal Investigation Division" for many, many years.

And furthermore, maybe their Criminal Investigation Division would include criminally investigating mob bosses and other John Dillinger, Al Capone types and maybe even drug lords, and so, packing scary pump-action weaponry is how IRS agents accessorize.

But, since when did our IRS agents receive combat training? And for what? Are we sending them into Afghanistan to kick Taliban butt or something?
    Call me paranoid (and many have, frankly), but when there are nutty ideologues in this country with lucrative lobbying power, actively lobbying against the right of citizens of this country to keep and bear arms and the IRS is sending out purchase order and quote requests for IRS agents to carry shotguns, who also wear certified body armor and have been engaging in combat training - well, shoot me (really, really bad pun) but, this is rather scary.

As an accountant, I will concede that I likely have a natural bias against the IRS. Though I never formally took an "Anti-IRS Class" in my education and training in business school, most accounting students, almost by osmosis it seems, pick up a visceral dislike for them. Not to mention I have serious authority figure issues anyway, and well, you get the picture.

Yet, somehow, I can't see that seeking to disarm the citizenry of a free country (or we used to be, anyway) and arming a governmental agency, (with freakin' body armor and military combat training, no less) like the IRS, will lead to anything good.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...&cck=1&au=&ck=

http://www.associatedcontent.com/pop...ype_id=2662825

Much ado about nothing. The IRS has had a law enforcement office since 1919.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Maybe they're replacing the shotguns they've had around since 1919. :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Health care or the business end of a shotgun!

The IRS is Part of the Department of the Treasury,It's enforcement branch is the ATF.They also call on the FBI'S HRT when they need more firepower.

"The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) is responsible for enforcing and administering laws covering the production, use, and distribution of alcohol and tobacco products. TTB also collects excise taxes for firearms and ammunition."

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The IRS is Part of the Department of the Treasury,It's enforcement branch is the ATF.They also call on the FBI'S HRT when they need more firepower.

"The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) is responsible for enforcing and administering laws covering the production, use, and distribution of alcohol and tobacco products. TTB also collects excise taxes for firearms and ammunition."
    Look up the IRS Criminal Investigations Division. It is a Federal Law Enforcement Agency with 2200 Special Agents.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Look up the IRS Criminal Investigations Division. It is a Federal Law Enforcement Agency with 2200 Special Agents.
    Just a bunch of unarmed lawyers .They have little need of shotguns !

Eileen Mayer Will Lead IRS’ Criminal Investigation Division

Mayer received a degree in economics from Randolph-Macon Women’s College at Lynchburg, Va., and her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center.

Her duties at FinCEN included coordinating the implementation of the original Bank Secrecy Act regulations for non-bank financial institutions. The act is the main federal law used to combat money laundering.

WASHINGTON — Eileen Mayer, currently head of the IRS’s Office of Fraud / Bank Secrecy Act, was named today as head of the agency’s Criminal Investigation Division.

“Eileen is a seasoned prosecutor and knows the criminal justice system inside and out,” said Mark W. Everson, IRS Commissioner. “She will play a key role in IRS efforts to halt tax fraud. I look forward to her joining the leadership team.”

As director of the IRS Small Business/Self-Employed Division’s Office of Fraud / BSA, Mayer was responsible for the agency’s internal fraud referral program. Her office ensured that egregious cases of noncompliance uncovered by the agency’s examiners were forwarded to criminal investigators working for CI. She also was responsible for the agency’s mission as one of the federal regulators involved in the enforcement of BSA. Within the agency, SB/SE is responsible for enforcement and compliance issues involving individual taxpayers and small businesses.

Mayer came to the IRS in January 2006 after 19 years at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C. She was deputy chief of the criminal division, supervising the prosecution of federal criminal offenses in the D.C. area. Her tenure included a two-year detail as an Associate Deputy Attorney General with the Department of Justice and a three-year detail as special assistant to the Director of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). FinCEN is a branch of the Department of Treasury.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...168159,00.html

Well, with 2,200 Federal Agents sharing 60 shot guns, I doubt you have much to worry about Megi.

Like I said, much ado about nothing.

Well, with 2,200 Federal Agents sharing 60 shot guns, I doubt you have much to worry about Megi.

Like I said, much ado about nothing.
    Anytime this government buys more guns it bears comment and BTW Is that a slippery way of admitting that you were wrong ?;)

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Anytime this government buys more guns it bears comment and BTW Is that a slippery way of admitting that you were wrong ?;)
    They better give them all background checks!! And while they are at that, see if they paid thier taxes!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.