Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Thoughtful Thursday! 
    TOTD: What book or books would you most like to see made into a feature film (s)? Mine would be anything by Edward Lee (although an indie film company did make his novella HEADER a few years ago but it hasn't been released yet), directed by Rob Zombie....of course.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Moon flower Vine by Jetta Carleton.

It's out of print but I have 3 copies and re-read it every few years.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Banned
    Don't know what the weather is like here in the Boston suburbs as I haven't opened the hotel window drapes yet. :D Heading back to the megalopolis today as I'm back in my usual pattern (M-Th at the client, F at home).

TOTD: I'd really like to see some of Ross Thomas' political thrillers made into movies, particularly Chinaman's Chance or Out on the Rim. Ironically, the one book by my favorite Sci-Fi author, Roger Zelazny, made into a film was his worst novel, Damnation Alley. It would be interesting to see Lord of Light as a movie...

His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called himself Sam. He never claimed to be a god, but then he never claimed not to be a god.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I haven't noticed the weather yet. I imagine it's hot. I have to take Tristan to the dentist this morning. I had them put sealants on all his teeth awhile ago and yet he still has a cavity. I don't get it.

TOTD: I don't know. I love my Sharon Kay Penman books but they'd just screw them all up if they made them into movies.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Patent Member
    Hot weather, it's going to be like this all weekend. Fortunately, I think we talked them out of putting down sod on the new house, so the grass won't be dead before they finish. After today we're going to be homeowners, that's kind of scary.

TOTD: Can I vote for a good version of Dune?

We're still in this hateful high pressure system. I've declared the house a cooking-free zone for the duration. If you want a sandwich, I'll make one. I'll even open a beer for your or pour a glass of milk but that's it. Anything else you need to do yourself or get it off-site.

TOTD: I always thought the "Prey" books would be good movies if the right actor could be cast. "Swan Song" is another that would make a terrific epic. Sadly, Hollywood normally ruins any good story lines they stumble across. I wish they would remake a lot of King's movies only with better actors and better screenplays. "Dead Zone", "Pet Cemetery", "Christine", and "It" could all use remakes. "Desperation" would make a good movie if it wasn't turned into a PC barf-a-thon.

A book-to-movie conversion that I really liked (and still like) is "The Far Pavilions". Great casting and it was made before the PC/hate Western culture stuff got out of hand.

Goldwater
    Legend by David Gemmel is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We're still in this hateful high pressure system. I've declared the house a cooking-free zone for the duration. If you want a sandwich, I'll make one. I'll even open a beer for your or pour a glass of milk but that's it. Anything else you need to do yourself or get it off-site.

TOTD: I always thought the "Prey" books would be good movies if the right actor could be cast. "Swan Song" is another that would make a terrific epic. Sadly, Hollywood normally ruins any good story lines they stumble across. I wish they would remake a lot of King's movies only with better actors and better screenplays. "Dead Zone", "Pet Cemetery", "Christine", and "It" could all use remakes. "Desperation" would make a good movie if it wasn't turned into a PC barf-a-thon.

A book-to-movie conversion that I really liked (and still like) is "The Far Pavilions". Great casting and it was made before the PC/hate Western culture stuff got out of hand.
    They did make the movie desperation! Tak! I thought it wasn't too bad.

TOTD: any of the Repairman Jack books would be great, or any of the Mitch Rapp series from Vince Flynn.

DS, It would be a hoot if they could make a movie out of city Infernal!:eek: It wuold be rated xxx!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    They did make the movie desperation! Tak! I thought it wasn't too bad.

TOTD: any of the Repairman Jack books would be great, or any of the Mitch Rapp series from Vince Flynn.

DS, It would be a hoot if they could make a movie out of city Infernal!:eek: It wuold be rated xxx!
    Tak! How did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Tak! How did I miss it?

It had a pretty impressive cast.

Desperation

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.