Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 NBC Cafeteria Celebrates Black History Month With Fried Chicken Special 
    So who at NBC thought it would be a good idea for the special today to be, among other things, fried chicken, “in honor of Black History Month”?

Because, spoiler alert – it wasn’t a good idea at all. And now NBCU employee Questlove is bringing it to the attention of his 1 million plus Twitter followers.

Questlove, the band leader and drummer for The Roots (the house band on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon) tweeted this picture from the NBC Commissary at 30 Rock, with the comment: “Hmm HR?”
    link

Liberal media in need of diversity training. :D

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    I guess for gay pride month they'll be serving foot-longs on steamed buns and chocolate pudding.

I really didn't need to contemplate that menu. :eek:
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    I guess for gay pride month they'll be serving foot-longs on steamed buns and chocolate pudding.
    :eek:

:D

Um, Sir... you owe me a new laptop. <bats eyes>

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

That's roflicious.
    Last edited by djones520; 02-04-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I've got a silly question... Why should it be offensive to black people to be associated with liking fried chicken? It's funny, because having grown up in the Midwest, I can tell you that they absolutely love friend chicken, and I fail to see how this is in any way demeaning... I happen to love fried chicken, too! Remember stereotypes are nothing more that identified patterns of behavior.. I just don't get the whole, "I'm offended because you said I like fried chicken," thing.. It's not the cheapest thing to eat-in fact, KFC is damned expensive!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I've got a silly question... Why should it be offensive to black people to be associated with liking fried chicken? It's funny, because having grown up in the Midwest, I can tell you that they absolutely love friend chicken, and I fail to see how this is in any way demeaning... I happen to love fried chicken, too! Remember stereotypes are nothing more that identified patterns of behavior.. I just don't get the whole, "I'm offended because you said I like fried chicken," thing.. It's not the cheapest thing to eat-in fact, KFC is damned expensive!
    I think churches chicken is better.They give you bigger pieces and it's cheaper and less greasy. I do like Kentucky fried chicken's sauce less hot wings though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I think churches chicken is better.They give you bigger pieces and it's cheaper and less greasy. I do like Kentucky fried chicken's sauce less hot wings though!
    Rock, I grew up not a block away from a Church's Chicken, and i LOVED it!! That's where I learned that black people actually do LOVE fried chicken, and I don't see the insult! Church's used to always put a jalapeno in their meals-don't know if they still do, because we don't have them here in the Northeast.. That was some good chicken!!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Rock, I grew up not a block away from a Church's Chicken, and i LOVED it!! That's where I learned that black people actually do LOVE fried chicken, and I don't see the insult! Church's used to always put a jalapeno in their meals-don't know if they still do, because we don't have them here in the Northeast.. That was some good chicken!!
    I had a clearing job I was working this summer right next to a churches's chicken. I had to smell it all day and ate it for supper about 3 times a week. That woman got tired of it but I can't get too much!

What's funny about this is that it's trivial since a lib company did it but it would be outrageous if a company perceived as "right" did it.

In real life, it ought to be trivial no matter who did it. Almost everybody likes fried chicken and a lot of people would like greens if they gave them a try. Plenty of lily white people in the South like greens.

You should be able to serve tacos for Hispanic month and stir-fry for Asian month and fry-bread and venison for Native American month. For White month we could get fancy coffees, organic yogurt, and grass fed, organic beef with locally sourced, in-season veggies. :p