Jews with six arms
This is my Conference in the Global forum for Combating Antisemitism.
Jerusalem. 16/12/2009

For more information, the website is:
http://www.gfantisemitism.org/Pages/default.aspx

Meeting in Barcelona with a hundred lawyers a month ago.
They have come together to hear my opinions on the Middle-Eastern conflict. They know I am a heterodoxal vessel, in the shipwreck of “single thinking”, regarding Israel, which rules in my country. They want to listen to me, because they ask themselves why, if Pilar is a serious journalist, does she risk losing her credibility by defending the bad guys, the guilty? I answer provocatively – You all believe that you are experts in international politics, when you talk about Israel, but you really know nothing. Would you dare talk about the conflict in Ruanda? In Chechnya? – No. They are jurists, their turf is not geopolitics.. But against Israel, they dare, as does everybody. Why? Because Israel is under the permanent media magnifying glass and its distorted image pollutes the world’s brains. And, because it is part of what is politically correct, it seems solidary, because talking against Israel is free. And so, cultured people when they read about Israel, are ready to believe that Jews have six arms, in the same way that during the Middle Ages people believed all sorts of outrageous things.

The first question, then, is why so many intelligent people, when talking about Israel, suddenly become idiots.
The problem that those of us who do not demonize Israel, have, is that there exists no debate on the conflict. All that exists is the banner; there’s no exchange of ideas, we throw slogans at each other; we don’t have serious information, we suffer from the “burger journalism”, fast food, full of prejudices, propaganda and simplism. Intellectual thinkers and International journalists have resigned in Israel. They don’t exist. That is why, when someone tries to go beyond “single thinking”, he becomes a suspect and unsolidary, and is immediately segregated. Why?

I’ve been trying to answer this question for years: why?
Why, of all the World’s conflicts, only this one interests them? Why a tiny country which struggles to survive is criminalized? Why does the manipulated information triumph so easily? Why are all the people of Israel, reduced to a simple mass of murderous imperialists? Why is there no Palestinian guilt? Why is Arafat a hero and Sharon a monster? Finally, why when it is the only country in the World which is threatened with destruction, it is the only one that nobody considers a victim?
snip

http://www.pilarrahola.com/3_0/CONFE...lt.cfm?ID=1775