Thread: Montauk Monster!

1. #1 Montauk Monster! 
    Every now and then something somewhere will wash up on a beach. I'm glad I moved away from Long Island! :D

Our old friend the Montauk Monster, who washed ashore on Long Island recently, continues to befuddle. Luckily Hamptons-based website Plum will be hosting two eyewitnesses as well as the woman who took the photograph this Friday on their web show The Juice. Plum writes of the hellfire-born nightmare creature: "Four government biologists contacted by Plum were unable to identify the species of the animal from its photo and came to the conclusion that 'no such creature exists.'" Shriek!! That's because it's a monster. A government experiment gone wrong! A Cerberus come to warn us of doom! A MONSTER!!!!
    Ripleys!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

It's a dead, rotting, swollen dog.

The big Cheese
    its a fake.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

It's Blinky sun bathing.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Explanation.

And another (new!) tipster echoes one of our commenters: "Figured the monster out. It is a sea turtle without its shell - seriously. It is a blown up picture, for sure. Draw a shell on it, and you will see that I am right."
    http://gawker.com/5030762/montauk-de...n-network-show

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't think so. In turtles, the shell is part of their spine and ribs; it isn't like a snail. If it was a turtle, the guts would be exposed along the back and front.

These things are always rotting dogs. Always. ;)

BELIEVE!!

They wash up in Russia too. :D:eek:

And who can forget Mr Blobby!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't think so. In turtles, the shell is part of their spine and ribs; it isn't like a snail. If it was a turtle, the guts would be exposed along the back and front.

I thought that too, but that face is a turtle face. Maybe who ever set the hoax up used a turtle as a base for the creature.

C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

You're right. Jeff Corwin, the animal guy, debunked the turtle theory on Fox News this morning. When people said it looked like a beak, he said it probably is a dog or even a raccoon that had lost its hair. Part of the snout had rotted and the beak is really just the teeth.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You're right. Jeff Corwin, the animal guy, debunked the turtle theory on Fox News this morning. When people said it looked like a beak, he said it probably is a dog or even a raccoon that had lost its hair. Part of the snout had rotted and the beak is really just the teeth.
    Hah! Every time we go to the vet, there is a dog skeleton pic in the room with various dog breeds represented. I have stared at that thing for years. Some dogs have a curvy upper jaw. :D