Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 US soldier gives four-year-old daughter 'waterboarding' over alphabet 
    A soldier subjected his four-year-old daughter to waterboard-style torture when she failed to recite her alphabet, it has been claimed.

Published: 9:50AM GMT 08 Feb 2010

Joshua Tabor allegedly told police he had used the technique because he was angry and knew his daughter was scared of water.

The 27-year-old, who had recently gained custody of the young girl, said she "squirmed" as he pushed her under the water three or four times, it was claimed.

Waterboarding is a controversial torture technique used by the CIA to interrogate al Qaeda suspects at Guantanamo Bay, where water is poured over detainees so they think they are drowning.

Mr Tabor, from the Lewis-McChord base in Tacoma, Washington, was arrested after he was seen wearing a Kevlar military helmet and threatening to smash windows.

When police went to his home in nearby Yelm, his girlfriend told them about the alleged torture.

Mr Tabor's daughter was found hiding in a cupboard with bruises on her back and throat. When asked how she got her injuries, she replied: "Daddy did it."

The soldier, who has been charged with assault and ordered to stay on the military base, will appear in court later this week.

He is not allowed any contact with his daughter and she has been taken into care.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-alphabet.html
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I almost put this under stoopid liberal tricks but . . . this needs discussion.

Not much discussion is needed. Even though we try to hold ourselves to higher standards, we still get these nutballs in the service. In my career field alone, I've known people who have been busted for arms dealing, drug running, or something as off as chewing their own flesh off at work.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Power CUer
    Why would it be "stupid liberal tricks"? The article doesn't say anything about his politics.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why would it be "stupid liberal tricks"? The article doesn't say anything about his politics.
    The "water-boarding" reference. Clearly, he didn't use that technique, he used the far more common pretending-to-drown-your-kid technique. My brothers often employed the fake-sister-drowning technique.

Either way, it's wrong but it isn't comparable to the interrogation technique dubbed "water-boarding". The paper is just linking a controversial interrogation tool with an abusive father who happens to be a soldier.

Now, that's a Stupid Liberal Trick. ;)

the trick is in how the case is being reported. The attempt to tie attempted drowning with water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The "water-boarding" reference. Clearly, he didn't use that technique, he used the far more common pretending-to-drown-your-kid technique. My brothers often employed the fake-sister-drowning technique.

Either way, it's wrong but it isn't comparable to the interrogation technique dubbed "water-boarding". The paper is just linking a controversial interrogation tool with an abusive father who happens to be a soldier.

Now, that's a Stupid Liberal Trick. ;)

Man, and I thought my brother was cruel with the whole pinning me down and drooling loogies on my face. He stopped doing things like that to me when I discovered the value of a well-placed knee to the groin.

Power CUer
    he used the far more common pretending-to-drown-your-kid technique.
    Far more common? Where did YOU grow up? :eek:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Far more common? Where did YOU grow up? :eek:
    Wyoming. One of my brothers (age 17) showed up at dawn after having spent the night drinking with his buddies. My Uncle sensibly believed that my brother would sober up a lot faster in the stock tank. It worked even faster when my Dad showed up and ducked his head a of couple times.

Was this abusive? Yes. Did it work? Yes. Did my brother ever show up for work half in the bag again? No. Was my brother a little girl? Well, sometimes but not in this case. :p

You mean the Infamous "swirly"?:D