Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Pastor comments on his 'hate crimes' lawsuit 
    A black pastor who is challenging the constitutionality of the recently enacted federal "Hate Crimes Act" says he's offended by comparisons to the civil rights struggles of African-Americans with those who engage in homosexual behavior.

Pastor Levon Yuille of The Bible Church, outside Detroit, Michigan, joined three other ministry leaders in filing a lawsuit against U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder. They are concerned, among other things, that under the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, those who speak out against homosexuality could be prosecuted.

Yuille tells OneNewsNow that he also finds it insulting to equate the supposed "civil rights" struggle of homosexuals with the real civil rights struggle of African-Americans.

"I feel like individuals [are] demeaning the black community in trying to equate us to what someone chooses to do sexually," Yiulle remarks. "The totality of black people is far greater than what one would prefer to do in expressing themselves in the manner I've already stated."

The Michigan pastor says the spotlight should be on how the HIV virus is devastating his community -- women in particular. "I'm most certainly disheartened to see that there's so little focus being placed on this issue relative to so many black men participating in heterosexual and homosexual behavior -- and ultimately and regrettably a lot of black women contract AIDS through this type of behavior," he shares.

Pastor Yuille says he is taking a stand for truth, and believes he is doing what is right from a biblical, social, and health perspective.
    The whole story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Obummer and Holder are on the wrong side of this issue. Blacks that I worked with get pissed when associating queers with civil rights. The fag lovers in CA found that out when their gay marriage proposal was defeated.

I never even heard of Rev. Yuille. He's from Ypsilanti, which is some distance from Detroit (40 miles, at least).

I'll bet his lawsuit gets thrown out. He has to prove that the law has somehow caused his rights to be violated. No minister in Michigan has been arrested or otherwise sanctioned for preaching that homosexuality is morally wrong, according to the Bible, so he really doesn't have much of a case for the courts to hear.

Until someone's rights are violated under the law, there really isn't reason for the judicial branch to intervene.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Yuille tells OneNewsNow that he also finds it insulting to equate the supposed "civil rights" struggle of homosexuals with the real civil rights struggle of African-Americans.
    Another ignorant preacher making a fuss, without a smidgeon of knowledge about the group he disparaiges nor an ounce of knowledge about what hate crime legislation does.

Sonnabend
    Another ignorant preacher making a fuss, without a smidgeon of knowledge about the group he disparaiges nor an ounce of knowledge about what hate crime legislation does.
    Speaking of ignorant...you have avoided the last four AGW threads in Weather.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    The only ignorant one is your dumb ass. Homos, lesbos, transgenders along with other freaks and the Civil Rights Act do not mix.

Another ignorant poster running his mouth about things he doesn't know anything about.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Speaking of ignorant...you have avoided the last four AGW threads in Weather.
    No, I've just been out of town - however, I dont intend to respond to every thread in there. I havent the time to keep up with the tabloid spam.

No, I've just been out of town - however, I dont intend to respond to every thread in there. I havent the time to keep up with the tabloid spam.
    Bwhahahahahahaha! That is rich!

C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Another ignorant poster running his mouth about things he doesn't know anything about.
    Anyone who has earnestly looked, even a little bit, at the history of homosexual persecution would have no qualms about comparing it to human rights struggles of all stripes - including the African American struggle.

And of course, there's the little problem that the Fed Hate Crime Act does not create new crimes - so this preachers right to spew the nonsense that he probably does, is as protected as ever. He could still even read leviticus, in full, in front of a congregation if he likes. Wasnt a crime before, and it isnt now.
    Last edited by wilbur; 02-09-2010 at 01:33 PM.