1. #1 RUR ROH Elroy - Trouble in Paradise - DU'er wants to drill!! 
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    humbled_opinion (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Aug-01-08 05:06 PM
    Response to Original message
    ----

RANT ON.....Why isn't our leadership taking care of people like me on this issue. The Democrats are supposed to help the little guy like me... How come not one politician is talking about subsidizing the lower income folks gas....

I will file for Gas stamps or gas cards whatever.... All you stuck up rich folks just keep paying the 4 or 5 or 6 or 10 dollar a gallon gas... Take your money and buy the carbon credits or whatever it is to make the environment better or the global warming end... Use that money and reduce those of us who's income bracket isn't up there down to a 1 or 2 per gallon .... Do whats fair and do whats right...

Not one single initiative that any politician has put forth is doing anything to lower the price of gas 1 cent....

And believe me when I tell you I am a 100 percent registered voting Democrat always have been but this Issue is going to break me.... and I may have to vote for the person that speaks to my needs.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x3419731

He won't last long over there, but methinks this is an issue that may just save our country from the Dems!!:D

This just came up to. Wallets are leading the discourse:

GarbagemanLB Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Original message
    Offshore drilling is a major weakness for the Democrats in 08.

I'm glad to see Obama has realized that and has started to weaken his opposition to it.

As much as we know that more drilling won't solve the energy crisis, it is at least a PRO-ACTIVE and VISCERAL course of action that the majority of idiots in this country think will work.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    kesasso (99 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Aug-01-08 06:01 PM
    Response to Original message
    5. Oh Puuleez!

If they cared so much about energy policy Where the "bleep" have they been for the last seven years when they were in control of both the house and the senate???
    Dealing with Democrats who kept voting it down along with the RHINOS they have on their side!!!!!!!!!