1. #1 Obama worker's dying wish 
    A worker who has been with Obma's team for a while has died from breast cancer. She died because she didn't have insurance. All through the campaign she fought through the cancer without any insurance. It seems that her condition was not a secret. I'm curious; why didn't Obama see to it that the people slaving away to get him elected and promoting his agenda have health insurance? Especially one poor lady who was dying from cancer?

I wouldn't normally call out her condition to make a political point but according to Obama her dying wish was just too special to ignore. Her dying wish was to be buried in an Obama T-shirt. The crowd reaction shortly after the 8.5 min mark is priceless.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85etiJf2LSQ
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 02-08-2010 at 10:40 PM.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Sonnabend
    A worker who has been with Obma's team for a while has died from breast cancer. She died because she didn't have insurance. All through the campaign she fought through the cancer without any insurance
    That's a lie and I am positive I saw a post by CS that debunked it.

EDIT: Not CS but Darth Misha and BINGO

Link

When Melanie Shouse began feeling ill, eventually finding a lump in her breast, she couldn't afford a doctor. She and her partner had just used their savings to open a business. A year later, doctors told her she had terminal, stage four breast cancer.

She spent the next 4˝ years fighting for health care reform that she didn't live to see pass.Ms. Shouse died Saturday (Jan. 30, 2010) at her home in Overland. She was 41. In addition to advocating affordable health care for everyone, she was an activist for clean energy, economic reform and public transportation.

She took the bus to and from her chemotherapy appointments in the Central West End. Then she'd pick up a sign or banner and walk a picket line. "This was an extraordinary woman, who never gave up hope that she could make a difference," said Rabbi Susan Talve of Central Reform Congregation.

Ms. Shouse grew up in Indiana, graduated from high school in Plano, Texas, and then from Texas A&M University with a major in biology. She moved to San Francisco, where she met her future partner, Steve Hart, on a picket line. They were together for 20 years. They moved to St. Louis and opened Sweet Meat Stix in St. Ann, selling meat from humanely raised beef.

She set goals for surviving her cancer. She campaigned for Barack Obama for president, telling herself she had to make it through the primaries, then Election Day and, later, the inaugural. In a speech in November at the Arch grounds, she spoke about the need to "take on the Big Insurance Monopoly and liberate American families from the slavery of skyrocketing insurance premiums and canceled coverage, which leave millions of us in a state of perpetual fear and insecurity ..."

Using herself as an example, Ms. Shouse said she had put off going to a doctor because her health insurance policy had a $5,000 deductible. She called it "'hit by a bus' kind of insurance." When the insurance company wouldn't pay for a treatment that Ms. Shouse believed would help her, friends protested at the company.
    Uh huh....what was it.,laetrile? She DID have health insurance.
    Insurance officials refused to accept their petition and called police, recalled a friend, Kathy Geldbach. One of the police officers took the petition, "marched up the company's steps and strongly encouraged those men to look at the petition," Geldbach said.

U.S. Rep. Rosa L. DeLauro of Connecticut called Ms. Shouse a week ago in a final, unsuccessful effort to get the insurance company to approve the treatment. Ms. Shouse did extensive research trying to help herself and others, said her oncologist, Dr. Cynthia Ma.

"She was a very special person; I wish that we had been able to do more," Ma said. Ms. Shouse requested that her body be cremated wearing her Obama T-shirt.
    From Darth Misha
    Turns out she was insured. She just made the bad decision to use the money she would need to cover the deductible for investing in her own business instead. By the time she realized she was sick, the money was gone.
    I am sorry this woman died, but she did have insurance.

She died because she didn't have insurance.
    No.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 02-09-2010 at 05:20 AM.

Banned
    Obama is a lying POS. No further explanation is needed.:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    That's a lie and I am positive I saw a post by CS that debunked it.
    You realize I was not stating this as fact. I was just repeating what he had claimed so to fill in the narrative as to why she wanted to be buried in an Obama T-shirt. But in hindsight I hope everything he said was true. If it were all true, why did he have someone with breast cancer working for his campaign and yet not have health insurance? Someone working for him dies because of breast cancer and lack of insurance, yet we are to trust that he can take care of all our health insurance needs? He can't fix one woman's problem but we should expect he can fix the health care system serving hundreds of millions of people? I hope every word of what he said is true.

Sonnabend
    But in hindsight I hope everything he said was true.
    Do you have a reading dysfunction? Read my post again

OBAMA LIED.

PERIOD.

Do you have a reading dysfunction? Read my post again

OBAMA LIED.

PERIOD.
    No, I don't think I have one. Did you have a problem comprehending my point? If he were telling the truth, he would have painted himself into a corner that he'd have a hard time getting out of? Given my druthers, I'd prefer to see him in that corner rather than to just state he lied. Basically, a day doesn't go by where we can't state that he lied. Personally, if I heard the man say the sun came up this morning, I'd probably check just to be sure. If Diogenes was out with his lantern searching for an honest man and came upon Bill Clinton and Obama, there is no doubt he would choose Clinton by comparison. That should clear up any misgivings you might have as to how I view Obama's honesty. He doesn't have any. Do you understand my point now? My point involved a hypothetical situation. Please don't insult me when I state a hypothetical situation and it doesn't reflect reality as we know it. I enjoy a little abstract thinking every now and then.
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 02-09-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Banned
    This is why they want Barky to adhere as closely to the teleprompter as possible. The man is way too much of a narcissist to speak off the cuff. That was practically creepy. He could not even remember the woman's name.

Sonnabend
    Please don't insult me when I state a hypothetical situation and it doesn't reflect reality as we know it. I enjoy a little abstract thinking every now and then.
    Understood. It would help, ya wombat, if you used the word "hypothetical"..I cant read minds, ya know.

.....bloody Yanks and their subtleties....:p

Apparently "mammogram" isn't in the teleprompter's onboard dictionary.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Understood. It would help, ya wombat, if you used the word "hypothetical"..I cant read minds, ya know.

.....bloody Yanks and their subtleties....:p
    Will do.