Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    My wife taught at a long established "free market" school for several years.

The cost per student was about one third the cost of the country system.

The school was always rated as being one of the best if not the best in the county for many years in a row.

You don't educate children by throwing money away.

You don't educate children by paying off the sleazy Teacher's union.

You don't educate children by making a school a social institution instead of a learning institution.

You don't educate students by making sure you fill racial quotas or other Left Wing politically correct bullshit.

The Liberals don't have a clue how to provide education.

You don't have a clue about this subject or hardly anything else you comment on.
    Amen. Don't think it's worth the grownups trying to reason with a kid who doesn't understand logic and certainly, like Obama, has no knowledge of history.

Gator, you're doing a good job in your attempt to educate someone who isn't capable of absorbing what you're saying.

Patent Member
    It's unfortunate that compulsory education is necessary, because free market education, despite being better and cheaper, only works for parents who care about their children's education. Unfortunately without compulsory education, a lot of parents would spend their kids tuition on a new car instead of giving their kid a chance at a future.

I think the hybrid approach of school vouchers is the best way to go. Get rid of the teachers union and most government involvement and let schools compete for 'resources.'

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    So what? You let the free market decide?
    Whomever does it better. Why does it matter?
    I have no allegience to government schools.
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-04-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Goldwater
    Charter and private schools in the right hands beat the crap out of any public school.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Charter and private schools in the right hands beat the crap out of any public school.
    Every year here in Florida they rank the schools in the county. Typically the private schools have most of the top spots and it cost less per student than the county schools.

The government has screwed up just about everything it has ever touched and that includes education but yet the Democrats want to pour more money into it. Dumb shits.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    And I know many home schooled kids who's independant thinking skills make honor students in public schools resemble the thought processes of Timmy from South Park . When you have less regulation from Government and little overhead, you can truly educate. That's at least one of the lessons of home schooling and the things you've mentioned above.

Eyelids
    So you guys are letting incompetent parents let the education of the entire country slip? I think theres a conspiracy here where if most of the country is full of uneducated 'tards the Republicans will win every election for eternity.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    And I know many home schooled kids who's independant thinking skills make honor students in public schools resemble the thought processes of Timmy from South Park . When you have less regulation from Government and little overhead, you can truly educate. That's at least one of the lessons of home schooling and the things you've mentioned above.
    Theres also the fact that the head of the human genome project was home schooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    So you guys are letting incompetent Bureaucrats let the education of the entire country slip?
    .....Fixed!

Judging by the "results", something most liberals rarely look at, the parents of home schooled kids don't tend to be "incompetent".
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-05-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Goldwater
    Education doesn't happen in the department of education, it happens in the classroom, a department far away for it is silly.