Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Turn Your Pee Into Stunted Cabbages (DIY) 
    Vegan Spinach Pie, or How To Turn Your Urine into an Ideal Hydroponic Solution for Plants!

Spinach Pie, or How To Turn Your Urine into an Ideal Hydroponic Solution for Plants!

In the spring of 2006 I sent my urine to a floriculture lab and learned that it contained all the nutrients necessary for plant growth but not in the ideal concentrations. So I put myself on a vegan diet that would transform my urine into an ideal liquid nutrient solution for plants. I ate lots of nuts and seeds, tofu, spinach, and other leafy greens and built a mobile urine recycling system outfitted with a urinal, urine processor and sterilizer, foam bed, kitchen, and hydroponic napa cabbage garden. I urinated, grew napa cabbages hydroponically with my urine, made kimchi from the napa cabbage, and served the kimchi to the public.
    I think this is performance art or an elaborate hoax but the commentors seem to think it's real. What do you think?

Instructables

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I think this is performance art or an elaborate hoax but the commentors seem to think it's real. What do you think?

Instructables
    I'm not exactly sure what to think of this, other than it's pretty damn stupid.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what to think of this, other than it's pretty damn stupid.
    Maybe I should have made a poll for this. :D

Must be a hoax, who would want to eat someone else's urine?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Maybe I should have made a poll for this. :D
    Urine Therapy:

Introduction:
    "In February 1996 the First World Conference on Urine Therapy took place in India (in May 1999 the second world conference took place in Germany).

The fact that a number of allopathic doctors also visited these conferences shows that this remarkable and sometimes despised therapy, which for a long time was almost forgotten, is coming back to the forefront. And rightly so.

Urine therapy is very effective, and it is always available and quite inexpensive, to say the least, which is absolutely wonderful in a world which sees itself confronted with increasing health- as well as financial problems.

But what is this urine therapy? How does it work? What are its roots? What has the medical world to say about it? And, not the least important, how do you go about it?

Coen van der Kroon covers almost all questions concerning urine therapy and its history in his book The Golden Fountain; The Complete Guide to Urine Therapy. (The book recently appeared at Amethyst Books/Gateway Books; ISBN 0-944256-73-2; 152 pages; illustrated; £8.95 or $14,95).

In the following article connections of urine therapy with the yoga traditions are explored.

Also practical tips are given for the application of urine therapy in daily life.

You will find more detailed application programs here. Meanwhile, the below is a reasonable starting point.

If you haven't done it yet, you might be convinced, after reading this article or The Golden Fountain book, to take a sip from your own golden nectar... If not, it's definitely worth reading anyway!

What is urine therapy? How does it work?

Urine therapy means using (your own) urine externally or internally as a way to promote or maintain your health.

The first question that probably comes to mind is whether urine is not a toxic substance and how a toxic waste product could ever be of any benefit for your health.

Well, urine is NOT a toxic waste product and this has been scientifically proven.

95% of urine is water, 2.5% consists of urea and the remaining 2.5% is a mixture of minerals, salt, hormones and enzymes. Toxic substances are being removed from the body through the liver and intestines, through the skin and through the outbreath.

The main function of the kidneys is to keep the composition of the blood in optimal balance. When there is to much water, the kidneys will remove it. But that doesn't make water into a toxic waste product.

Only the substance urea can be poisonous when present in very large amounts in the blood. However, this is irrelevant in the practice of drinking urine, as urine is not immediately put back in the bloodstream. In the small amounts urea gets back into the body, it is purifying, clears up excess mucus and has a number of specific, very useful effects. Moreover, it has a wonderful healing and tonifying effect when applied to the skin.

You can find urea in many skin products as one of the main components- specifically in many woman cosmetics.

Furthermore, urine is entirely sterile after secretion and has an antiseptic effect. We are talking here about urine from the point of view of somebody who follows a reasonably healthy diet, and who does not use chemical drugs or allopathic medicines. Urine therapy is a method based upon the principle of 'natural cycles'.

As long as we do not interfere chemically with the body's natural cycle, the body produces urine which is perfectly suitable for re-cycling. If you ingest a great deal of chemical substances - and these days all kinds of processed food contain chemicals - part of this will end up in the urine, in which case the composition of the urine changes. Normally, however, urine is a healthy substance which contains healthy, harmless and nourishing components.

http://www.hps-online.com/hurine1.htm

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    That was my first thought as well.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

and served the kimchi to the public.
    I'd beat the shit out of anyone who fed me plants grown in thier piss. :mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

If you get stung by a sting ray, pee on it! Other wise pee is useless!

That dude ate crap just to pee!:D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post

Gimme a minute, I'm thinking.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'd beat the shit out of anyone who fed me plants grown in thier piss. :mad:
    You would have to stand on a step ladder to do it pip squeak!