Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 "They Saw the Attacker "Cutting the Guy's Head Off and Gutting Him." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Knife-wielding man beheads fellow passenger on bus
    A passenger traveling on a bus across Canada's vast Western plains stabbed, gutted and decapitated a man seated next to him in an unexplained attack, a witness told media Thursday.

The victim had been sleeping before he was repeatedly stabbed in the chest by a man with a large knife, witness Garnet Caton told public broadcaster CBC.

The other 35 passengers and driver were jolted by "blood-curdling screams" and fled. "He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.

When Caton and two others returned to check on the victim, he said they saw the attacker "cutting the guy's head off and gutting him."

"While we were watching ... he calmly walked up to the front (of the bus) with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stared at us and dropped the head right in front of us."

Police then surrounded the bus and arrested the man, he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

"Hey, that's my seat!"
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I guess an old fashion butt whipping is a thing of the past.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Thirty five people couldn't disarm one knife-wielding maniac?

Oh, it's Canada, the Land of Nice People.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

Boot he was holding someone's head!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

This is why you never eat Mexican or Thai before getting on a bus and sitting next to a total stranger for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

Most of the passengers were asleep when it happened, and the victim was likely dead before anybody could've intervened. I think the passengers were heroic in preventing the killer from hurting anybody else. If you read the article, you see that the killer sat right next to the sleeping victim. I doubt that anybody wouldve reacted fast enough to prevent his death.

Unless you are an Army Ranger.. Navy Seal type person, you would not have been able to stop this.

The passengers.. children included, were off the bus and nobody else was hurt or injured.

A truck driver stopped, and the folks armed themselves with crowbars, etc, just in case the killer managed to fight his way out of the bus.

I hope the young victim died quickly. I imagine he was gone before the beheading happened. I cannot even imagine what his family must be going through right now.
    Last edited by Jumpy; 07-31-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Most of the passengers were asleep when it happened, and the victim was likely dead before anybody could've intervened. I think the passengers were heroic in preventing the killer from hurting anybody else. If you read the article, you see that the killer sat right next to the sleeping victim. I doubt that anybody wouldve reacted fast enough to prevent his death.

Unless you are an Army Ranger.. Navy Seal type person, you would not have been able to stop this.

The passengers.. children included, were off the bus and nobody else was hurt or injured.

A truck driver stopped, and the folks armed themselves with crowbars, etc, just in case the killer managed to fight his way out of the bus.
    They could have prevented the decapitation. They possibly could have prevented the death. They are not heroes. They did the minimal that is expected of a human being...they called for someone else to come to make certain they weren't hurt themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    They could have prevented the decapitation. They possibly could have prevented the death. They are not heroes. They did the minimal that is expected of a human being...they called for someone else to come to make certain they weren't hurt themselves.
    I disagree with you. I have read several articles on it... people were asleep. The guy has a knife, and is stabbing the victim in the chest. Would you intervene?? I have to say that I could not..

The bus driver and others tried to help the victim, but the guy went at them with the knife. This is a bus aisle.. they cannot surround him.

Unless someone, a good shot, was armed with a gun, I do not believe this could have been prevented. edited to say... it could possibly have been prevented by having bus passengers go through metal detectors.
    Last edited by Jumpy; 07-31-2008 at 07:33 PM.