Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    We don't really know that. Nor would we know that in that instant. People have survived multiple stab wounds. And it certainly would be impossible for me to know the victim was dead as I was running out the door to save myself. If it were a child that he was stabbing, would you likewise run away?
    If somebody screamed, "knife", and was slapping me awake.. ABSOLUTELY. The entire bus did not know what was going on, and with the mass killings that we have had, they would all feel as if they were potential victims.

Truthfully, I do not think I would intervene on a crazed person stabbing someone. I am not trained for it. I would not know what to do.. other than jump on their back. And in a bus, that might not be possible. I would be confused, and not even know what was happening.

If it were one of my children.. yes.. I would give my life to maybe intervene. It would be a willing risk.

Is there ANY record of any woman in the USA intervening in something like this for something other than her own children?? We all like to think we would intervene, but has anybody who is not trained... women especially, really done it?? Why on earth would you/we be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I may the only one on this site who has routinely taken Greyhound buses cross-country. I can tell you for a fact that nobody (aside from the drunks) can sleep soundly on a bus. One scream and the whole place would be awake instantly. The article says the victim was stabbed dozens of times. While stabbing can happen quickly indeed, you have to know that those people watched it happen and did not instantly rush the killer.

It's true that intervening may not have saved the victim if an artery was severed and it's true that the rescuers may have received non-life threatening injuries, but they could have given the guy a shot at surviving.

They were cowards.
    Does Greyhound screen passengers and luggage for weapons?

You can barely get toothpaste on a plane. Is it that easy to bring a knife on a National Bus line?
    Last edited by Space Gravy; 07-31-2008 at 08:45 PM.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    You must be A Canadian !
    And you would have done what? No, I am not Canadian. Have you read the links? What do you think you would have been heroic enough to do, while unarmed, in a bus aisle, against a crazed knife wielding killer?

The passengers prevened more deaths by locking the guy in the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    Does Greyhound screen passengers and luggage for weapons?
    No, they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    And you would have done what? No, I am not Canadian. Have you read the links? What do you think you would have been heroic enough to do, while unarmed, in a bus aisle, against a crazed knife wielding killer?

Well, we don't actually know that he wanted more than one head, do we?

No, they do not.
    You've got to be kidding me..........that's insane.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Well, we don't actually know that he wanted more than one head, do we?
    We dont, but when the bus driver and others approached him, he lunged at them with the knife, so it is safe to say.. he wouldve had another victim. It is not as if they could surround him in the bus aisle. After the chest stabbings.. 50 something stabbings.. the poor guy was likely gone.

An Adversary of Linda #'s

Wrap a coat around your arm to protect it and swing a suitcase at him ..

Throw a suitcase at him while four or five guys should have been able to distract him or at least dent his head a little.

Do something to stop the madman.I realise the fear most people have for a crazy with a knife but when the trucker showed up they had a ceowbar ,beat the crap out of him with it.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    You've got to be kidding me..........that's insane.
    After this they will !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Wrap a coat around your arm to protect it and swing a suitcase at him ..

Throw a suitcase at him while four or five guys should have been able to distract him or at least dent his head a little.

Do something to stop the madman.I realise the fear most people have for a crazy with a knife but when the trucker showed up they had a ceowbar ,beat the crap out of him with it.
    It was too late for a crowbar. The were protecting themselves, in case he managed to get off the bus. Pretty cool that you wouldve been able to react so fast and save the day. Apparantly CU is the exception. All heros, in hindsight.