Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I hope so! It's getting so that you can't tell what's what from the "journalists" now. I hate that Brits have gone over to "partner" instead of spouse or lover or business colleague. I have no idea of the relationships now.
    Authorities have not released the victim's name but The Canadian Press said friends had identified him as Tim McLean and said he was headed to Winnipeg after working with the carnival in Edmonton.

William Caron, 23, said McLean was quiet, though he liked to socialize with friends. He was small about 5-foot-4 and 130 pounds and tended to stay away from a fight, Caron said.

"All the time I've known Tim, he's never been the type of guy to get into a fight with. He always kept to himself when there's strangers around," Caron said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's not training - it's just acceptance of the problems of violence. Many, many women have responded to attacks physically and either averted violence or minimized it. You are hung on the environment - the bus. It doesn't matter what the environment is or what the sex of the responder may be.

You are looking for heroines. That's not important. We don't need role models for this type of thing. Only a willingness to break the ice, to get people moving. It's so simple really. By thinking about it for a few minutes you can determine what you might do in an emergency. When the emergency happens, your plan will go the hell but your willingness to respond won't and that's the important factor.

You don't have to solve the problem at all, you don't have to prevail by yourself - you only have to be willing to react violently. That's it. Your response will automatically entrain others who are just waiting for someone to do something.

THIS is what you are talking about:

:D

Hope that mask had some padding :)
    When the doctor is out, Im in.

I could watch that all day. I did the same thing to a dude in a haunted mansion deally on Halloween. Of course, it was my B-day and I had been drinking a BIT.