Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    She agreed to the change of custody, otherwise her parental rights would have been stripped from her. She has very few rights as the court papers state.

He wouldn't have a say in the matter. She has been proven to be unfit. Her sister has her 8yo daughter.

Unfit parent...
    I'm no expert...but she sounds like she is in deep then. Did she have a breakdown?

No worries...This should all work out....I'll just listen to what everyone else's advice is to you.
    Good luck.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

How awful for you! I don't have anything useful to add, but I hope you get your son back immediately. Good luck and hopefully the advice here will get the authorities to act quickly.

noonwitch
    You seem to hae met my son already! LOL He is a follower not a leader. His mom has filled his head full of crap. I talked to her mom a little while ago and she informed me that my ex has him on friggin Prozac. Shit! He only went up there the first of June. I knew she would try something and I told everyone involved, if she did try something it would be the last time he would be going to visit. By the Court order, I didn't even have to let him go this time. Next time, she will need a court order for visitation. I just wanted for him to visit his extended relatives and come back home, but the psycho bitch from hell always has a game to be played.

Yes, his mother has many issues in the pastMeth, teaching her kids to steal, etc., etc....

She had a doctor put him on Prozac? If he did have any ability to resist her, that would wipe it out. Prozac is a miracle drug for adults with serious depressive disorders, but it will wipe out a teenager who has no mental health issues. Take him to the doctor as soon as he gets back, just to make sure there won't be any problems when you discontinue the meds.

I don't know your son, but I've been working with kids for a long time, and I know how badly kids want to please a mother, no matter how worthless she may be. And I've seen parents who use the kid to get even with an ex.

It sounds like her family is on your side, that's good. You can always get the court to order than any summer/holiday visits occur at the grandparents' home, under their supervision-that he can't leave their home with her.

Thank you so much, everyone. For your input, comments and information.

I meet with the Sheriff this afternoon. Get him to copy all court documents and her letter to me. Monday I will inform the FBI and get the ball rolling on the Federal level.

This is her last game to be played with me. I don't care if she rots in prison. She will end up there sooner or later anyways.

Thanks again! And pray for my son, and all the little tikes who needs God's help, I do.

Bumped for others who may have missed this.
    Have you spoken to any of her family? Maybe the threat of not seeing your son again would help to get them to work with you.

Best of luck, I hope your son comes through this relatively unscathed. I was fortunate (I guess) my daughter wants nothing to do with her other parent. And he feels the same way.:(
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Bumped for others who may have missed this.
    Have you spoken to any of her family? Maybe the threat of not seeing your son again would help to get them to work with you.

Best of luck, I hope your son comes through this relatively unscathed. I was fortunate (I guess) my daughter wants nothing to do with her other parent. And he feels the same way.:(
    as painful as that is LL, I too feel fortunate that is my case as well...it could be much worse
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    as painful as that is LL, I too feel fortunate that is my case as well...it could be much worse
    We're threadjacking now. Sorry.

I am so grateful that my "situation" is what it is when it comes to Tristan. The shit I went through to make sure he stayed with me... I feel sick just thinking about it. One of the reasons that I decided to never have another child was because I didn't ever want to give somebody that kind of power over me again.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I am so grateful that my "situation" is what it is when it comes to Tristan. The shit I went through to make sure he stayed with me... I feel sick just thinking about it. One of the reasons that I decided to never have another child was because I didn't ever want to give somebody that kind of power over me again.
    Just imagine if you were the father, your fight would've been twice as hard. In some parts of the world the mother can just say "no he's not seeing my child" and thats it, the father is basically blocked off for life. Happy everything is being resolved Tee. :)

Believe me, it's not family and friends helping her. It's freebies from the state of Minnesota. I believe she is trying to pull an "end around" Dakota County Court. Any further change of custody goes before the Dakota County Court.

Maybe I should get back in touch with the CPS official who accompanied my son here?
    Do not enter into any agreements with CP$. You will end up cooperating the custody of your son away. They will use any compromize on your part as an admission of guilt and explain it to the family court judge in that manner regardles of what they tell you beforehand. Their ultlimate incentive is to have access to funding for their new client (your son). All else revolves around that. I think that the advice that Zeus and Noonwitch have given are sound. If your local CPS was involved in determining your origical custody (i.e. the mother wasn't as fit of a parent as you), that would be powerful documentation for the family courts. Sell something and hire a good family court lawqyer that specializes in false accusations of child abuse.

There should be an advocacy group in your state that could help you find such legal help. Regardless of the truth, when the mother drops the abuse-excuse, you have to become a pit bull.

The Abuse Excuse site may have some resources or you. Search for a chapter of VOCAL (Victims Of Child Abuse Laws) in your state or in one that is fairly close.

On Edit:

I read some of the later posts, it looks like you are on the right track. However, I stress the pitbull factor even more. The CP$ of her state may step in and put a monkey wrench into the entire process regardless of what has been determined in the past. They want the rewards for more "clients" too.

Good Tips from the link above.
    Last edited by CLibertarian; 08-02-2008 at 11:58 AM.

Patent Member
    Have you tried contacting law firms in your state and seeing about whether you can enter into a payment agreement? Or try public assistance? If you know any lawyers personally they may be able to recommend someone who performs pro bono work.

I know that lawyers are expensive, but they are certainly worth it. There may be certain filings which are required to enforce your judgement, where an attorney will help. You may need to register your judgment in Minnesota, something you could do on your own, but if it requires a court appearance, then you would need to take time off of work.

In addition to contacting your local sheriff and the FBI, call the sheriff of her home county as well and tell him what is going on. They would be in a better position to inform you of what steps you would need to take in order to enforce your judgment.

Furthermore, if she put him on Prozac, then that is illegal as well. With sole custody, you and only you have the authority to authorize prescriptions for your child. So make sure to raise that issue with the local authorities as well.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

edit: after reading through CL's post, definitely do not agree to jurisdiction in Minnesota. She might file suit for custody and CPS (or some other agency) might tell you that you would get the case quickly decided by settling in Minnesota. Assuming your state has (and I'm fairly certain all 50 states do) a URESA law, then your state is the proper state for any custody disputes. Do not agree to jurisdiction that requires you to leave the state.
    Last edited by biccat; 08-02-2008 at 10:32 PM.