1. #1 Brooklyn Terrier Mugged; Doggie Coat Missing 
    Brooklyn Terrier Mugged; Doggie Coat Missing
    Updated 10:15 AM EST, Wed, Feb 10, 2010

Getty Images Now that's just cold.

A Brooklyn woman says a mugger stole a doggie coat right off the back of her mild-mannered terrier.

Donna McPherson says she tied up Lexie, her 10-year-old Westie, outside a Park Slope supermarket "for two minutes'' while she bought milk.

She heard a "funny bark.'' When McPherson went outside, she found the little white dog shivering. His green wool coat, with leather trim and belt, were nowhere in sight.

"How could anyone steal a coat off someone's back in the freezing cold?" the 42-year-old investment banker complained to The New York Post. "I was so angry, but in the end I was grateful that it was just the coat and not him."

McPherson said the dog coat was worth $25. She looked all over the neighborhood, hoping to spot the burglar who stole the coat off her pup's back, but couldn't find him.

McPherson said that, fortunately, Lexie wasn't wearing his pricier Burberry, but she bought two new coats anyway to make it up to him.
    That's pretty low.

NBC New York

Banned
    Imagine the surprise when the perp finds out that the coat won't fit his pit bull.

Just goes to show you that some people will steal anything.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Westies aren't that big. I wonder why she didn't just pick him up? Does that work back East or is there some health law?

Banned
    I look at it a little bit differently than this rich bitch. She has 3 coats for her pooch and the mugger probably has none for his pooch. Plus, she need to be more cautious of leaving her pet unattended. I would be so thrilled that the thief did not take my dog along with the coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Westies aren't that big. I wonder why she didn't just pick him up? Does that work back East or is there some health law?

I don't think there's any law about picking up a little dog. I'd guess that it's just a dumb, rich owner.

Dogs don't need coats, even little Westies. God already took care of that.