Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    The later episodes of SOAP. It just kept getting sillier and crazier with each episode.
    No one remembers SOAP?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    No one remembers SOAP?
    I'm sure a lot of us do, they just don't appear in repeats like others mentioned here.

Andy Griffith Show - The one where Ernest T. Bass had to marry the girl because he saw an owl in the daylight. Watching the fake owl Barney(I think) lowered and lifted on the string was hilarious.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

noonwitch
    No one remembers SOAP?

I do, because I was one of the few kids in my 8th grade class whose parents let her watch it! Our teacher told the 3 of us who were allowed that our parents were irresponsible.

It was on Comedy Central or another cable channel a few years ago. It was fun to watch it again. Katherine Helmond as Jessica Tate always reminded me of my grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I do, because I was one of the few kids in my 8th grade class whose parents let her watch it! Our teacher told the 3 of us who were allowed that our parents were irresponsible.

It was on Comedy Central or another cable channel a few years ago. It was fun to watch it again. Katherine Helmond as Jessica Tate always reminded me of my grandma.
    Yes, her character was like a child in her ability to understand the world around her. All of the characters built as the story got crazier. It was the ultimate spoof on the daytime serials (Soaps). I was in High school when it came out. The subject matter was a bit much for younger kids. I wouldn't let my son watch it even now if it came back in rerun. He's 9 years old. The stories just kept getting more rediculous as it built on the prior rediculousness.

One of my best scenes from that show was when Jessica's dad, the WWII vetran that was still fighting it, took their neighbor prisoner because, he was driving a Mercedes--he thought that he was a German spy..:D

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Raymond - Where Ray tells Robert to mess up the wedding invitations. That episode ruined my gravy train. That was the day the wife figured me out.

ATHF - Hand Banana
    I like Raymond too...

Raymond - Robert the Model - Where Robert is scammed by a modeling agency and Ray has to photograph Robert to cover up.

Taxi - where Jim takes his drivers test. "What does a Yellow light Mean?"

Cheers - "Simon Says"

Norm Peterson: Doc, hi. I'm Norm Peterson. I have to tell you that my wife is a big fan of yours, sir. Yeah, she reads all those marriage improvement books.

Dr. Simon Finch-Royce: Great. Have they helped?

Norm Peterson: They've helped me. It gives her something to do in bed.

classic! :D
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor