Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Rep. Patrick Kennedy: 'Won't Seek Reelection' (his farewell video) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Rep. Patrick Kennedy: 'Won't Seek Reelection' (his farewell video)

You Tube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzr-4MMyDc Guess he decided to release the video early because the content had leaked.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Shortly after 10pm on Thursday night, WPRO-AM in Rhode Island reported that talk show host Dan Yorke has learned that Patrick Kennedy will not seek reelection for Congress. There has been rumor to this effect and this initial report, although without any other details, is big news in Rhode Island.

Democrat Patrick Kennedy, 42, currently serves in the United States House of Representatives, representing the 1st congressional district of Rhode Island. He assumed office January 3, 1995. Kennedy is a son of late U.S. Senator Edward M. Kennedy from Massachusetts.

A February 2010 poll commissioned by WPRI TV 12 in Providence indicated Kennedy's support was weak entering his expected re-election campaign. The poll indicated that 56% of 1st District voters viewed him unfavorably and only 35% said they would vote to re-elect Kennedy.

There is a lot of speculation as to what Kennedy has done in well over a decade in Congress. As far as business goes, he introduced the Generating Reinvestment Opportunities with (GROW) Small Businesses Act of 2009. This bill was introduced to allow small businesses a one-time deferral of payment on their income taxes to reinvest in their businesses.

snip
    http://www.examiner.com/x-22397-Prov...n-for-Congress

Comments:
    Almost time to open the champagne!!!
    Ditto, another Constituion hating, gun banner, non thinking, brain dead, liberal lizard elitist tyrant gone. Good riddance !!
    The fewer Kennedys in government, the better. Damn good news!
    Not much else to the story, but the negative polling seems the real reason Mr Kennedy dropped out.
    Watch him move to MA to run in 2012 for Senator...

Sounds like it might be time to start searching Sheffield Cove for sunken cars.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Looks like ole Patrick is having an LBJ moment.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

He's going to move back to Mass and in 2 years he's going to challenege Scott brown for his fathers former seat.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

6. #6 Kennedy Will Not Seek Reelection. 
    Politics was not a smooth fit for Patrick Kennedy

By ANDREW MIGA and LAURIE KELLMAN Associated Press Writers © 2010 The Associated Press
    Feb. 12, 2010, 2:47PM
    Share Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUponWASHINGTON — It was never a perfect fit — politics and Patrick Kennedy, the latest and perhaps the last in the long line of Kennedys at the heart of American political life.

The sometimes fragile son of the late Sen. Edward Kennedy has spent all of his adult life in public office, but he has rarely seemed at ease in the spotlight. On Friday, five months after his father's death, he announced he'll retire from Congress, expressing a sense of relief. It will be the first time in six decades that Washington will be without a Kennedy in office.

"It feels like a load off my shoulders," said the Rhode Island Democrat, who started pursuing public office before he graduated from college.

"I'll have a private life and a personal life that heretofore I really haven't experienced," he said in a telephone interview. "I am looking forward to it."

Kennedy, 42, a nephew of President John F. Kennedy and of Attorney General and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, says he will serve out his eighth term but won't seek a ninth this fall.
    Chron

woo-hoo.

You guys had a good run but please, no mas.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    He's going to move back to Mass and in 2 years he's going to challenege Scott brown for his fathers former seat.

Can you say "Cold Day In Hell" ?

Let's hope these lying, whoring, hypocritical, boozing bastards known as the Kennedys fade away for good.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    Can you say "Cold Day In Hell" ?

Let's hope these lying, whoring, hypocritical, boozing bastards known as the Kennedys fade away for good.
    Don't bet on it.