1. #1 Why J.D. Hayworth Will Beat McCain for U.S. Senate 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Hayworth will win for this simple reason:

This is a Tea Party revolt year, and Arizona's Republicans and Tea Partiers have had enough of McCain's support of this administration's bailouts and big-government policies.

The country is in the midst of a Tea Party revolt movement that began last spring and has not lost steam. The revolt began over the federal bailouts – and McCain, labeled "Obama-lite" as a result – voted for several of them.

He voted for the $700 billion general TARP bailout, the $25 billion auto bailout, the first $85 billion AIG insurance bailout, and he proposed spending $300 billion on a mortgage entitlement bailout to buy out every bad mortgage in the country.

The current anti-big government, anti-spending uproar has already begun voting in new leadership promising smaller government.

Governor Bob McDonnell's win in Virginia, Senator Scott Brown's win in Massachusetts, the defeat of liberal Republican Dede Scozzafava in New York, and the forced resignation of the Florida Republican State Party Chairman over his support for liberal Republican Governor Charlie Crist all evidence a backlash against big government politicians – including liberal Republicans.

A new poll shows Tea Party Texas gubernatorial candidate Debra Medina trailing the more liberal Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson by only four points. The Tea Party revolts that began last spring have not lost momentum as the federal government continues the bailouts and embarks on a massive takeover of the healthcare industry.

snip

http://www.intellectualconservative....or-u-s-senate/

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Hutchinson isn't THAT liberal...hell only reason the NRA didn't support her was cuz they always support the incumbant between 2 that are identical canidates...

seeing McCain fianlly put out to pasture would be great though

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Kay Bailey Hutchison is PRO-ABORTION. If that isn't LIBERAL, I don't know what else is.

If I lived in Texas, she would definitely lose my vote!

sorry, i don't agree with one issue voting. she may be pro abortions in her personal opinion but when it comes to voting she doesn't have a great track record

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Ka..._Hutchison.htm

the first segment is her voting record on abortion...don't see anything on there that is liberal in promoting abortion

and NARAL gave her a 7% rating...yeah she's so pro choice
    Last edited by fettpett; 02-15-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Kay Bailey Hutchison is PRO-ABORTION. If that isn't LIBERAL, I don't know what else is.

If I lived in Texas, she would definitely lose my vote!
    I only care about true fiscal conservatism and the federal government respecting the Constitution, especially the 9th and 10th Amendments (which almost none of them do). A politician's personal views on abortion are about as important to me as what color they paint their garage.
    Last edited by Swampfox; 02-15-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    I only care about true fiscal conservatism and the federal government respecting the Constitution, especially the 9th and 10th Amendments (which almost none of them do). A politician's personal views on abortion are about as important to me as what color they paint their garage.
    I mostly care only about true social conservativism. It's hard to focus solely on money issues while American culture is going to hell in a handbasket. It would be far easier for me to vote for someone like Mike Huckabee than someone like Flip Romney or Rudy Giuliani. Any candidate that is pro-abortion ALWAYS loses my vote.

It would be nice if I could get a tax cut, though.

I mostly care only about true social conservativism. It's hard to focus solely on money issues while American culture is going to hell in a handbasket. It would be far easier for me to vote for someone like Mike Huckabee than someone like Flip Romney or Rudy Giuliani. Any candidate that is pro-abortion ALWAYS loses my vote.

That's your right. Personally, I don't like any of the candidates you mentioned above. Fiscal conservatism is a lot more than "tax cuts" to me. It's cutting federal spending and most importantly, limiting federal power and giving it back to the States like was originally intended in the Constitution.

but you were wrong on Hutchinson...just cuz a person personally agrees with something doesn't mean that either they practice it or vote that way, NARAL the biggest Pro Choice organization in the country gave her a 7% rating, granted a lot do but i'd look at voting record before their personal feelings