White House Greeting Requests
Thank you for your interest in requesting a greeting from President and Mrs. Bush. The White House Greetings Office receives and processes all requests in accordance with long-standing guidelines. Please carefully review the guidelines below prior to submitting your request. Requests that do not comply with the guidelines or do not contain sufficient information will not be fulfilled.
1. U.S. CITIZENS. The White House will send greetings only to United States citizens for special occasions as outlined below.
2. REQUIRED INFORMATION. Please provide the following information when making your request:
1. Name of honoree(s).
2. Address of honoree(s).
3. Form of address (Mr., Mrs., Ms., Miss).
4. Date (month, day, year) of birth, birthday, wedding, or anniversary.
5. Requestor's name and daytime phone number.
3. NUMBER OF REQUESTS LIMITED. The number of requests you can submit per day is limited. Institutional requests for multiple greetings must be submitted by fax or mail on official letterhead with the required information listed above.
4. WHEN TO EXPECT YOUR GREETING. For birthdays and anniversaries, greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately 14 days prior to the event. Wedding and baby's birth greetings will be sent after the event.
5. PROBLEMS USING THE WEBSITE. If you experience problems making an online request, please make your request by fax or mail.
Please select one of the following to make a request:
BABY'S BIRTH GREETING
A baby birth card will be sent within a year of the birth. Please make your request after the baby is born. More
A birthday card will be sent to individuals celebrating their 80th (or greater) birthday. Please make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of the birthday. More
A wedding card will be sent to couples after the event. Please make your request after the wedding. More
An anniversary card will be sent to couples who are celebrating their 50th (or greater) wedding anniversary. Please make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of the anniversary. More
Your greeting request can also be made by:
MAIL: The White House
Attn: Greetings Office
Washington, D.C. 20502-0039