1. #1 Liz Taylor 'is put on life support after heart failure' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s

Elizabeth Taylor was put on a life support machine after suffering congestive heart failure, it was reported this evening. The 76-year-old's condition was said to have deteriorated after she was initially diagnosed with pneumonia last week.

Her children were at her bedside and doctors warned she might not survive .
    snip
    Miss Taylor, who has been married and divorced eight times and was made an honorary dame by the Queen in 2000, has been plagued by ill-health. She suffers from diabetes and congestive heart failure - where the heart is too weak to pump blood around the body - has had both hips replaced and had a benign brain tumour removed in 1997.She is confined to a wheelchair because of osteoporosis.

But she has fought hard to regain her health in recent years, with some observers even suggesting she has hopes of a film comeback.

In 2006 she went on the U.S. chat show Larry King Live to dismiss claims that she had Alzheimer's and was close to death.
    snip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...t-failure.html

AP
    Elizabeth Taylor visits hospital, to return home

By SANDY COHEN – 1 hour ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Elizabeth Taylor was hospitalized for an undisclosed reason but was expected to return home soon, representatives for the Oscar-winning actress said Thursday.

A statement released by Dick Guttman, her Los Angeles-based publicist, did not say where Taylor was staying, nor did it specify what was ailing the 76-year-old actress.

"Ms. Taylor is fine," the statement read. "Her hospital visit was precautionary. She will be returning home shortly. At present, she is surrounded by family, friends and fabulous jewels."

Guttman said he had no further details about Taylor's health or whereabouts. A person who answered a call placed to Taylor's home Thursday, who would not give her full name, said only that Taylor's condition was "nothing to worry about."
    Reuters
    Elizabeth Taylor in hospital but said "fine"
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Elizabeth Taylor is hospitalized but doing well, a spokesman for the Oscar-winning screen legend said on Thursday, contradicting tabloid newspapers reports that she was in poor health.

"Ms. Taylor is fine. The rumors which began in England about her health are dramatic, overstated and untrue. Her hospital visit was precautionary. She will be returning home shortly," her Los Angeles-based spokesman Dick Guttman said in a statement.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

noonwitch
    Elizabeth Taylor has had so many health crises over the years-I think perhaps she's one of those examples of "Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger". I hope she's okay, I love some of her movies, like "Suddenly, Last Summer" and especially the version of "The Taming of The Shrew" that she made with Richard Burton.

She's had the congestive heart failure for some time now. I wouldn't bet against Liz, she always seems to pull through the most awful illnesses.